Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need to vent!

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
Hey guys, driving home this morning around 6am. Standard two lane road. 90 zone. I come up behind this car doing 50k's! Small white car, '90-ish model. He decides to chuck on his right indicator, then swerves over double lines a bit. Getting to about 60 k's now. 100m up the road and his indicators still on. Then he starts to slow down like hes about to turn. I chuck my left indicator on a good few seconds before going around him, HE THEN TURNS LEFT INTO ME! Yes, right indicator on, turns left.

Literally missed him by an inch, I hit the skids while trying to avoid him and slid off the road a bit. So close to hitting him it wasnt funny. There wasnt even a ####ing road on the left! So we pull back on the side of the road, with his indicator still on. I sat there for a moment behind him thinking if I should get his plate. Was a queensland plate though. How he made it down here I dont know :p

So seeing that there wasnt any actual damage I just left, him still sitting there with his indicator on. About 1km down the road I just though this isnt right. Chucked a U turn and floored it back in the other direction. Couldnt find him. Bolted down the road that I thought he went down. No luck. He was an older looking guy. Grey-ish hair I think. I wouldnt have abused him, just would have liked to know what was up. There was also a garbage truck hanging up my ass, indicating to go around aswell. Luckily diddnt collect us both. Just got on the horn as he went around lol

All I can say is wow. Damn P-platers! haha

Thanks for listening.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey guys, driving home this morning around 6am. Standard two lane road. 90 zone. I come up behind this car doing 50k's! Small white car, '90-ish model. He decides to chuck on his right indicator, then swerves over double lines a bit. Getting to about 60 k's now. 100m up the road and his indicators still on. Then he starts to slow down like hes about to turn. I chuck my left indicator on a good few seconds before going around him, HE THEN TURNS LEFT INTO ME! Yes, right indicator on, turns left.

Literally missed him by an inch, I hit the skids while trying to avoid him and slid off the road a bit. So close to hitting him it wasnt funny. There wasnt even a ####ing road on the left! So we pull back on the side of the road, with his indicator still on. I sat there for a moment behind him thinking if I should get his plate. Was a queensland plate though. How he made it down here I dont know :p

So seeing that there wasnt any actual damage I just left, him still sitting there with his indicator on. About 1km down the road I just though this isnt right. Chucked a U turn and floored it back in the other direction. Couldnt find him. Bolted down the road that I thought he went down. No luck. He was an older looking guy. Grey-ish hair I think. I wouldnt have abused him, just would have liked to know what was up. There was also a garbage truck hanging up my ass, indicating to go around aswell. Luckily diddnt collect us both. Just got on the horn as he went around lol

Thanks for listening.

Well there's your problem! lol.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
yeah mate. i know the feeling. the majority of the time these dick heads have absolutely no idea what they have done. it's like they have tunnel vision and are oblivious of all other road users. my brother in law was hit in almost the exact same circumstance as this. when it went to court the idiot got off because he couldn't speak english and they needed a translator, yet at the accident scene his english was fine :bang:

you sound a bit more tolerant then me. i've forced a guy of the road that clipped me and then tried to do a runner, i've had to push a van out of my way that closed the door (2 lanes merging onto 1) on me and would have forced me off the road and into a power pole and i've munted the front gaurd on a real nice mitsy GSR that cut me off whilst he was busy racing his mate. the old VH took it all rather well :D these days i have no time for idiots

RichoKidd

Obese Commodores
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon

The guy who you delt with sounds like an idiot. Seems he did this cause he couldn't drive properply, not because he was a P-plater.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
ZOMGWTFBBQHAXDRIVERS

Worst ever when that happens. Feel sorry for you mate, but glad everything was fine in the end. I can sympathise with the ########ed antics of other drivers though. I was driving up my street (big long 400m hill to the crest) Getz in front of me who decides to start crawling at about 20 k's an hour, looking like it was just stopping or just ambling along, I overtook on the right side, no indicator from them or nothing they turned right into me (barely missing me) Luckily I made it through. But I pulled over just to make sure everything was ok and confronted the mid 50's woman who told me I was a hoon etc etc etc....I said quite respectfully (didn't want to overheat a situation that involved someone who lived in my street) that she needs to be aware of her surroundings and when not sure about what she's doing to indicate/check before making decisions.

But long story short and back to your story, people who can't make up their minds and then make a split second stupid decision are retards and I am sick of almost having accidents trying to avoid them.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
wow... is all i can say..
yeah the p platers get blamed... then it pumps up all the costs for us.. even when it was pretty much caused by that other person.

noticed in both your stories it appaears to be the elderly that dont look/indicate etc and have caused these.... (not tagretting)
they probably get away with this aswell.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
you said he was old.. he could have been dieing...

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
I am sick of people who can't drive. I had one of my cars written off a few weeks ago just becouse some idiot decided to plow straight through me at a roundabout.