Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Needing urgent help please

vyls1convo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1
Hey guys new here how are yas, search high and low can't find what I'm looking for wondering if anyone could help I've brought a vy ute did a ls1 conversion and over the last couple of days been splattering I've come to find my fuel pump in on its way out, and I'm wondering are v6 and ls1 fuel pumps the same if anyone could give me some info would really be appreciated thank you

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Looks like they are probably not the same. V6 and 304 V8 look like they are the same, but the Gen III is different (similar capacity to the V6 supercharged pump).

Other forum members may have better information.

1685439624581.png

1685439749601.png

vyls1convo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1
Looks like they are probably not the same. V6 and 304 V8 look like they are the same, but the Gen III is different (similar capacity to the V6 supercharged pump).

Other forum members may have better information.

View attachment 252596
View attachment 252597
Your a legend cheers also I've got a vibration that occurs between 60-70ks I've change center bearing both couplings and mark tailshalf so would be unbalanced and still doing it, do you know if a failed unijoint would cause vibration under load as drives fine if cruising I appreciate the help cob on yah

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Tyres and wheel balance would be most likely cause. Especially if tie rod joints are getting worn.

vyls1convo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1
Tyres and wheel balance would be most likely cause. Especially if tie rod joints are getting worn.
I changed to stockies because I thought the same thing but still doing it has me fkd aha drives good if I cruise it. And If I step on it runs good from 0 to 60 then shutters/viabrates till about 70/80 then good again, I'm going to take tail shaft down to diff shop tomorrow get them to have a look and re balance it and if that doesn't sort it I'm going to just mark a list an start changing **** untill I figure it out any ideas are greatly appreciated this is the best from for help by far cheers lads

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
warped brake rotor

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If the vibration is harmonic (comes and goes as you describe at #5) then engine mounts + maybe gearbox mount could be the problem
more so considering it is a V8.
Genuine mounts if available from GMH are the go.
Anything else can cause vibrations.

Reactions: Lex