Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Needs some advice on touching up acrylic

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
A few months ago I resprayed the skirts on the statesman and it has a couple of marks I would like to fix in the same general area one where the colour has buffed through and the other is is where the metalic is a bit different where the air compressor ran out of puff while spraying
so whats the best way going about it without leaving sanding marks or having to go through the under coating process again ? just a light sand and some more colour and clear ? How far do I have to sand until it takes the shine of the clear or through to the colour?if so what grit sandpaper?

Thanks

sm00th

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
Sand with 1200g wet till smooth. Then put one or two coats of color then 4 or 5 coats of clear and you shouldn't buff through again

bdj_007

Foose
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2002 Holden VX Equipe SII
you can buy 'scotch brite' from most auto paint places like preston motors or the body shop. use it wet as it will take all the dirt and grime off too. prepsol [wax and grease remover] the whole skirt, haze the colour over the rub thrus and when its covered clear it with 2-3 coats of clear.

sm00th

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
2 or 3 coat of clear is not enough for acrylic it need a minimum of 4