Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Neil's VS

NeilVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VX Executive V6
Nothin' special here. Bought it just over a year ago completely stock, with about 170 000 on the clock, for $5400.

Here are the Spec's:

Body: 1996 VS Commodore Series II Executive.
Colour: White
Engine: V6 Ecotec.
Transmission: Automatic
Wheels: 18" ROH RT 10's. *Can't remember tyres*
Audio: DEH-2850MP Pioneer Headunit, Original speakers.
Miscellanious: GTS Rear Spoiler, Clear/ Black tail lights.

Currently working on: Painting interior black, painting engine cover, C.A.I kit, removing black stripes.

Future mods: Leather Seats, Lowering (Insurance is a bitch at the moment), Subby in the back, Paint brake calipers or upgrade to brembo's (Haven't decided yet), Clear side indicators, maybe a new throttle body as well. And a goddam sports exhaust...

IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

Last edited:

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Nice VS, insurance is always a killer for mods but you'll get there.

NeilVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VX Executive V6
Yeah, I came off my P plates last week, so insurance should drop significantly me thinks. By the way, I heard that noone would insure me if I lowered it. Anyone else had this problem?

Oh yeah;
Got some clear side indicators off eBay last night, should be coming in a few days.
Having a hard time convincing my tiny amount of patience to keep on sanding back my engine cover before I prime it.
Reckon it'd be alright if I ditched the sanding and just... primed it?

Also, painted some of the inside of the door (little bit that pops out and the rear door ashtrays. Something easy to start off with) It was basically a test to see if it'd turn out all right if they were painted, and they did. Nice and smooth like - Love em.

Lastly, my mum is apparently good freinds with a lady form a fabric shop here. So I should be getting a square metre or so of black suade pretty soon, to do the doors with.

pugga

More Power!!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 HSV Maloo R8
yeah you'll have problems with your insurance. The only people who will cover me is Just Car. Mind you i'm still on my P's for a couple of months

my car - 95 VS V6

Bodykit
18"s
exhaust system
full leather
sound system with TV, subs
FE2 springs
CAI, K&N
tint

i'm looking at around $1300 full comp or $530 Third party fire and theft otherwise anybody who will even say yes was something stupid like $3000

its not easy

NeilVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Manual VX Executive V6
Really?!? Mines insured at about $1100 (full), for basically no mods at all. Which, I suppose is pretty fair.

----
My attempt this arvo:
IMG_1164.jpg

Thats the passanger side front panel, the bit with "Commodore" written on it, removed that is. Shouldn't of used a screwdriver to pull it off, huh? I think the metal core of the brush-bit that I used to get the bulk of the sikaflex off might off conributed as well.

The sikaflex was easier to remove than anticipated though. Happy about that... =) If I don't run out of light tomorrow, I'll give the rest a go.