Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Neon Light Usage????

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys,

How long are footwell neons meant to be left on for as a maximum?? Is it about 2 hours or something?? I read it somewhere, i just forgot, and now im confused :p And a line locker is a 1 min max usage isnt it??

Cheers :yeah:

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
neons shouldn't be left on for more than 3 hours.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
i had my footwell neons & washers jets on, in my old car. all the way from melbourne to sydney, which was almost 10 hours, & i never had a problem

Brycestro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
are we talking left on for the purposes of not having your battery die or left on for the purposes of not having the neons break? There's been several people on this forum who have accidently left them on overnight, came back to the car the next morning and it's started with no problems (and neons weren't broken for that matter). Most neons/CCFL's don't draw very much power.

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
apparently neon lights are not allowed in melb. i can argue coz i got asked to remove mine :( what a disgrace i mean y does autobarn and other stores sell such items them we all get pulld over and asked to get rid of them i dont get it any more. thats it im going to america to pimp my ride.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
lol, you can use em here in Melb, you just can't see the tube itself but the light is OK, so I understand. It's a hazard to other drivers.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
apparently neon lights are not allowed in melb. i can argue coz i got asked to remove mine :( what a disgrace i mean y does autobarn and other stores sell such items them we all get pulld over and asked to get rid of them i dont get it any more. thats it im going to america to pimp my ride.

because most neons you nuy, the package says " not for road use", have fun in america

GreenDay_59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT s1 Acclaim
yeah on a neon kit i got given it has strictly for show use only.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina

because autobarn wants your money and they dont want to tell you that these neons are only legal on off road cars, like a show car