Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

neon washers

M

mike0169

i'v just bought a neon windscreen washer and was just wondering how would i hook it up to my parklamp wire?

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I dunno if they'll run. They require a 24v supply. probably best not to use them as they could flatten your alternator and blow the bearings in your battery.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
When did they become 24V?? Everyone I've installed have been 12V. Being LED they draw very very very very little current. So Find the park light wire, tap them in and then earth out the negative side and hey presto. But, I would also advise installing a switch inside the car, inline with the (+) lead. Yes they are highly illegal.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Sorry.. I should of added a little disclaimer for those of us that can't pick up on sarcasm.

Bearings in the battery?

Basically I'm trying to save the guy a hassle with cops and everyone thinking they look stupid. But if he wants to at the end of the day its his choice, right? Yes.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
bex i was starting to lose a lot of faith in you for a bit then... lol.... i hooked teh same things up a while ago for a novelty, hooked them up to the blinkers - making an illegal modification even more illegal. they worked well but were the first things to be removed when my license came up on points contract. (now finished!!!)

M

mike0169

thx for the tips guys! Now i feel like i dont wanna even hook em up lol!! o well...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
probably the safest move ;)

PaRaDoX

From the old days
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW N54 Twin Turbo
mike0169 said:
i'v just bought a neon windscreen washer and was just wondering how would i hook it up to my parklamp wire?

hey, ive wired up my brothers and mine, the best way to do it is to buy a flick switch and run the wires from the washers then run the leads from the other end of the switch to the battery

washers ------>switch<------battery

make sure you solder all connections and cover them with elec tape to prevent oxidation of the connection

the tricky part is getting the switch inside the car, the easiest way is to either run it through the grommit or through the side panel on the drivers side and in through the door, i mounted mine next to the bonnet release switch with a missile toggle so you can easily turn it off with your foot so you dont get busted, they're apparently a "distraction"

anyway hopes this sheds some light

B

bdcmedia

If you want to hook up lights to your car, do it internally (the car that is!!).
It looks so much better when subtle lights are installed in footwells and flooring inside the car.
Having mentioned the illegality of the washer lights, I should have mentioned that it is illegal (In Victoria) to display a light forward of the car that is any colour other than Amber or White(clear). If an Amber light is displayed it is not to flash more than 120 flashes per minute and if two lights are used must flash in unison (IE hazard lights) unless the car is a service vehicle where strobes and rotating lights can be used!!!
Clear lights cannot cause a driver to become dazzled by the oncoming white light of another car which is why high beam and spotlights must be on a separate switch.