Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Neons in a VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Series I
Hi all,
i recently baught a pair of neons and i was wondering how do you install them into the vx? im am a noob, so bare with me lol
sorry if this question hasbeen asked before, if so this thread can andwllbe deleted.
Cheers:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Series I
ohhh and btw they are the interiorones, i wuld like them to be sitting where your foot rests in the front seats, any other questions just ask

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
I guess you want to hard wire them? You probably could have posted this in the Electrical/Wiring part becasue it doesn't mattr what car you have, it's basically the same to install into em all :p.
Anyway, if you wanted to just use the cigarette lighter then just plug the connector that you should have got into where the cigarette lighter plug is (just under the place for your cd player), then use double sided tape, screws, cables ties or whatever to hold it up in place under the dash.
Otherwise, if you want to hard wire them, then I suggest having a look at this site:
Installation Guides

Hope that helps.

dzire

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE E3 R8 'Black Edition'
If you have access to a test light and soldering iron, find a wire connection up under your dash and hard wire them into a cable that has power when acc switch is on, then route it to an on/off switch if you want.

rusty_ss_2233

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vsii Utility 50th anniversary
why ruin a good commodore with it

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM

VXecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
haha each to their own tho, i just un-did the guards on the b-pillar n ran the wires to the pos n neg parts of the roof interior light. then just hide wires under kick panels etc. works all gud cos when u lock the doors, as the interior light goes off so does the neons, same with unlocking it at night, u get a nice glow of what eva colour u put in. i actually suprised myself on how well i actually did cos i was in the same dilema as u, but havent had any probs so far.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Series I
Every one has there personal opinion i accept that, but why bother posting if it is negative feedback? im not trying to be a 'ricer' if thats what you mean, ricer would be me having a typical blue neon
Neway, thanks for replies
haha each to their own tho, i just un-did the guards on the b-pillar n ran the wires to the pos n neg parts of the roof interior light. then just hide wires under kick panels etc. works all gud cos when u lock the doors, as the interior light goes off so does the neons, same with unlocking it at night, u get a nice glow of what eva colour u put in. i actually suprised myself on how well i actually did cos i was in the same dilema as u, but havent had any probs so far.
That sounds wild, id love for you to explain in more depth, if thats alrite?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
why ruin a good commodore with it

Yes you are a noob for even contemplating this......

Its the question he asked its his car now get over it and mayb help him with his questions?

some models have the wiring that the calais use 2 light up the footwells so u can use those as VX executive said they will work just the same :thumbsup:

If u take off ur kick panels u'll find globe holders attached 2 the ends of the wires taped up 2 the sides i think they r orange with a black trace.