Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nerf guns

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Morning all

Looking at getting a nerf gun or 2 to mod. Wanna scare off/hit some "vermin" that continue entering my backyard. I saw the range at port melb meet :D and want to know which was the better gun to mod and fairly accurate?

Don't need a big gun, 100shot mag or rapid fire.. but if its one of the better units I'll grab one. Range is roughly 15-20m.

Advice and experience apprecated :)

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Potato has about 6,000 of them in his boot.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Lol he showed me, was hoping to get some good ideas before the toy sale starts

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
The only deterant for a cat* is either a dog or a bullet. Slapping them with a foam dart won't help because they're too stupid to learn that they're not welcome in your yard.

* I'm only assuming your problem is with a cat.

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
GFs brother has a few. Had a big nerf war at his place. Plenty of fun.
I won't be able to find out what it was for another week unfortunately.
It was automatic. Only shot 18 but can extend the magazine apparently. Pretty accurate. But not sure how far as it is only used in doors lol.

Kcboiye

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Wl Statesman
probably the best one to get i can think of is the longshot, can do plenty of mods to it
most basic and easy: remove air restricter, pad the plunger and the 'nightfinder' spring
can get a good 20-30m range out of it and hurts a little at close range

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The only deterant for a cat* is either a dog or a bullet. Slapping them with a foam dart won't help because they're too stupid to learn that they're not welcome in your yard.

* I'm only assuming your problem is with a cat.

will be modding the gun and darts, id be using bullets but not sensible in the suburbs, a dog will be down the track when the kids get older. For now shooting stuff with darts I'll enjoy
there is the whole other medicated ways but it's a little drastic.

GFs brother has a few. Had a big nerf war at his place. Plenty of fun.
I won't be able to find out what it was for another week unfortunately.
It was automatic. Only shot 18 but can extend the magazine apparently. Pretty accurate. But not sure how far as it is only used in doors lol.

If U can get be the names that will be good

probably the best one to get i can think of is the longshot, can do plenty of mods to it
most basic and easy: remove air restricter, pad the plunger and the 'nightfinder' spring
can get a good 20-30m range out of it and hurts a little at close range

Thanks bud, this is what im after :) I'll look em up

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
got a massive collection. The guys designing them are real hit and miss though, i've got a friend who works at target who buys all the marked down massive and returned ones dirt cheap.

avoid rifle/shotgun style ones with revolving clips, the sniper rifle one.

Best i've found are a flachette elite model but it jams like crazy with the standard magazine clip, i use the 30 shot barrel clip for it and its great.

Avoid the battery powered ones they jam frequently and are harder to mod, i use to work in an engineering place that made automotive springs and small coils, finding similar compression springs same height but slightly larger material thickness increases power by 20% for approx every .2mm of wire thickness, but its dep on the coil amounts.

like with car springs dont chop them your asking for trouble, you've also gotta be careful not to put springs in there that are too heavy.

great ways to mod the ammo? make aerofoil rounds, if you cut rectangles of alfoil and secure them on the shaft dead flush and oil them up it makes the round heavier, you need a bit more power to push them but it improves the round and stops the wind having so much of an effect.

The downsides? cats freaking love them, it's like watching that cat on the libra ad playing with a tampon, me and my mates love making a cat chase them its hours of fun.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Remove restrictor
Higher voltage batteries
Modify the darts.

Mine has a 2 revolving wheels, one on top of the other. This "flicks" the darts out. Higher voltage batteries = Faster spin = more distance. Modifying the darts to smaller, stiffer ones increases the accuracy.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I had the same problem with a Tomcat across the road, then I spoke to my 15yo son who resolved the issue with two shots from his Shadow Hawk 100 at 3:30am one morning recently.
They are made by Max Force, and are a cross between a high powered Nerf and an air gun.
aqe8avab.jpg

It's effective cat damage range is accurate at about 25 metres, with long range sight calibrated up to 100ft.
This is a high powered, single-shot silent sniper rifle, with a magazine of 10, however my daughter has the semi automatic version called the Terronator, which has its advantages with up to 5 rounds per second in an all-out cat assault.
I (inadvertently) bought them ($100 ea) at Big W with a couple of buckets of ammo - paper 'spitball' wads - thinking they would be fun. They are... but you need to wear protective
gear and goggles else it gets serious real quick.
9/10