Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Never meet your heroes!

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The Corvette is a sports car, the Commodore is a land barge. Drive a Lotus Esprit. Most uncomfortable car I've ever driven, but **** did it go like a scalded cat. Same as the mid 80's 911's, not comfortable when you're 6'2" and have work boots on. But they go alright when you get the revs up.

R

Risky

Yeah I know a Clubby & a Corvette are fields apart for what they represent, but I find the Clubby has better quality than the Corvette. For the money you pay for one to be brought out here & converted to RHD there are better vehicles out there.

Being 5'11" I never had problems in an 80's or early 90's Porsche 911, they're bloody good fun!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
It's always a difficult comparison when looking at cars from different continents though. Apples for apples, if you were in the US and you looked at the Pontiac GTS and the Corvette, then you would have a fairer dollar comparison. You have to factor in import and conversion costs when bringing a car into Australia so it makes it an unfair comparo.

Give me something European any day over an American sports car. I looooove the Audi R8.....