Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new body needed

oldgold

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 2 WAGON
hi guys , ive got a vp sedan with a decent motor and box in it but the body has seen better days , I'm curious as to what newer model commy body would take my engine and auto box without any major mods required ? would like to be able to get a wagon body and just bolt my motor and box straight in ? what models would be ok to do this ?

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Put a wanted thread on this forum. My neighbour had one like this sitting in front with the hood up, then the plates came off, then I hear it was taken away on a truck. It looked pretty good as a body and interior. I suspect they didn't want to fix a mechanical issue.
images

oldgold

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 2 WAGON
yeah cheers , i really wanted to know if my motor and box would bolt straight into a vt or vx/vy or something similar ?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
yeah cheers , i really wanted to know if my motor and box would bolt straight into a vt or vx/vy or something similar ?

the issue would be that it wouldnt be legal to do this. Emissions were changed and your VP motor wouldnt be compliant with newer vehicle standards. you can go backwards (VP driveline into early commodore etc), but going forwards is harder.

oldgold

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SERIES 2 WAGON
ok cool thanks for the info NORTI ! appreciate it

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Anything can be done if you het the mod plate approved.

There is a guy with a ute body on another thread.