Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Boots

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
Hey,

Need a new set of rubbers and have narrowed it down to these 4 as they are going super cheap on tirerack.com

Anybody tried or heard anything about these 4 tyres and what they would recommend?
all 245/40/19

1) Yokohama S.Drive ($1100 shipped)

2) Kumho ecsta SPT ($1100 shipped)

3) Hankook ventus v12 evo k110 ($1100 shipped)

4) Michellin pilot super sport ($1300 shipped) thinking this is best value

I have michellin pilot sport at moment and they are nice, but notice the exterior edge wares to much, but thinking the supersports would be better.

any thoughts?

Cheers

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Shop around - you can pick up the Kumho's (KU31 SPT) locally for a lot less than that price. I'd say you'd be able to pick up Falken 452s for around that price in a 245/40/19 size (fantastic tyre - very happy with mine - and prefer them to the KU31s by a lot).

I'll never buy a hankook tyre again.

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
I'd say you'd be able to pick up Falken 452s for around that price in a 245/40/19 size (fantastic tyre - very happy with mine - and prefer them to the KU31s by a lot)..

They are fantastic for wear? performance? or both?

cheers

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Just making sure, the above price is for 4 tyres? Cause Im after some Falken Fk 452 and the best price I can get is about $450 per corner - fitted and balanced.

Last edited:

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Yep, 4 tyres. Mine is 245/45/18 size - but they shouldn't be $220 each less than what you were quoted. And guys have got them cheaper than I have. I paid $230 a corner.

They grip REALLY well. Very sticky and a strong side wall, which I like. Not overly noisy and very, very good in the wet. As for wear, I've only had them on for ~5000km but there are no alarm bells ringing at the moment.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Yep I'm also tossing up between the Falken 452 and Michellin Pilot Sport 3. Read alot of good things about both, so either should be good.

BlueSteele

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SSV Sportswagon
I got quoted $1200 for 4 FK452's fitted, or can get the Michillen Pilot SuperSport for an extra $190....would you not think to spend the extra $190? surely the Mich is a far better tyre?
im confusssseddd

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I got quoted $1200 for 4 FK452's fitted, or can get the Michillen Pilot SuperSport for an extra $190....would you not think to spend the extra $190? surely the Mich is a far better tyre?
im confusssseddd

I was told that they are made of a slightly different compound, so one will last longer than the other, but the other giving a nicer ride feel. I just can't remember which was one which.

Edit: just did a quick google search. The Falkens wear more quickly, so I guess the extra price of the PS3's will be worth it in the end. That's what I'll be going for.