Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new car decisions

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
I sold my VH as i lost interest in it and I am selling my 2012 Fiesta as i no longer need a fuel saving reliable car for work
So I have my trusty old VX wagon that i am keeping
however i want a play car and I want to spend about $5 to $15k on it

now i am torn as i don't know what direction to go, must be registered, must be fun

• I was looking at an AU3-BA XR8 with 5sp Manual for about $7-12k, might bore me as only mods i can do cost money
  • Hyundai Excel race car with rego to compete in the NSWERC, probably not practical for a road car at all
  • 1984 C4 Corvette up to $15k, LHD but in 1.5 months I can register it.
  • BA GT Falcon, hard to get for $15k and a little old now???
  • I have also found a few US imports for around $10k but will need $5k min to get on the road eg: Galaxy coupe
  • Not keen on a Commodore sorry I already have the VX and everyone in my area has an LS1 powered commy so want something different

snowy01

lolwut
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Daily / VF SV6 /
strong username to potential next vehicle purchase

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
i'd love a kingswood but prices are through the roof and there is no value left in them
i v8 HQ to HZ will cost me $5k for a rebuilder. I'm trying to twist my dads arm to sell me his WB tonner
he just rebuilt it and owes him $9k but might be able to get him into a FG tonner for about $10k and buy it off him for $5k
my mums hates the WB and won't drive it.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
most US imports are asking for trouble. there have been a tonne flooded into the country which have been "restored" by mexicans so they look really nice on the net, but buyers get a cold shock once theyve landed.

so far youve listed:

hyndai
galaxie coupe
corvette
BA xr6

so you really should make your mind up as to what type of car you want first, then start looking. dont just buy what you can afford.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
ha, i have no preference, the VX is my daily and travel car
the next car is a weekender only
would love to be able to track it to so don't want an auto
galaxy was a long shot not really interested in a cruiser that needs lots of work

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have Ford Ka for sale... it's fun! You put your make up on, put on the moisturizer, do your hair and your skinny jeans and park outside a cafe in the CBD and do your best Sensitive New Age Guy impressions and then start farting.

$3K... not a penny less ;)

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
For the love of god, don't get a BA GT. Those 4speed autos are like a shot in the foot.

You can pick up decent XR6T's for 15k these days. Endless giggles with them.