Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Car - VX or VY

UNEQVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6
about the auctions, the newer model cars usually are still under the original holden warranties, you just gotta listen to what they say when they r auctioning the car, heap of vy and vx's auctioned off each week are cheap as, as ther are so many there to chose from, and they say "comes with holden warranty for bla bla years" i say just keep an eye out, specially for ex fleet vehicles, they are ace and cheap as :D good luck nyways

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Daz..You got ya new ride already???? What colour is it?? any pics, your post has left us up in the air. Dam you! :p

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Not yet, although I sense one is just around the corner. The one I was looking on the weekend is looking promising (see a few posts back) or the actual car here

I'm just awaiting on him to get back to me to ensure it's still awaiting *fingers crossed*.

DazVYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYSSM6
Nice Car Daren looks like mine .I wonder how many Darrens own commodores all the Darrens I know (not too common) own commodores just a thought From Darryn.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
OOO that nice! :) only got 40,000ks too. $28k is a reasonable price, can haggle of course ;) FOUR airbags and leather, looks very straight in pics. That's a nice find, prob a rare one too. As for foggies Daz, was an option from dealer.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I ended up knocking him down $1000 plus to include the extended warranty for nothing so all is looking good, oh and a free tank of fuel lol (was dads idea). I reckon we may have pushed him a little further but given it was giving 8pm a push I was happy with the results and wanted to get home after one of those days at the office.

Damn their options ain't cheap!! window tinting $395 and $695 for some new stuff which is approved by the cancer council, then the upgraded alarm was $595 and $150 for tilt sensors. Lets just say I politely said no thank you.

Now I've got to have a word to the bank, I didn't count on getting a car this soon so it's all happening in a realy hurry.

The car itself is immaculate, I picked up a very slight chip on the rear quarter which they are going to get air brushed.

I think it's time to have a word to the guys from FIT :D

Since you've mentioned about Darryn's driving Commodores I do know a few as well.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
That's why you wanted a S/C6, FIT! hehe..some simple mods and u will be showing some V8's ya tail end. :) Hope all goes well with the bank.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
All went reasonably well with the bank although they did need some pushing. It made it rather difficult with the house as there are 3 names (brother, sister and myself) on the loan which basically meant I had to prove I could afford paying their share as well should anything happen to them which of course I couldn't. I reckon it was easier to get a house loan rather than a car loan, thank god for the oldies.

All seems to be good for Friday so I really can't wait to pick it up.

Insurance is unreal though, Shannons wanted $925, RAA wanted $845.00 and Savings and Loans (Bank in Adelaide) only want $425, you can guess which one I went for. The only problem is when I get itchy fingers and start doing the mods but we'll see how we go.

A

Astro_Ghouls

If you consided waiting to the VE model came out you probaably could go for the VZ, im guessing that by the time the next model come out the VZ SV6 models would be in your price range, or pretty close to and atleat ya will have the Alloytec 190 V6