Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Car!!!!

B

BOV

I think you should of bought a S/C commo already seeing as that you will need to do quiet a bit of work on the internals before the blower can go in... I dont know your budget but a blower will cost ya a pretty penny with the rest of beefed up mods you need to do.

PS nice looking car, love the mags! :thumbsup:

C

CustomVS

CRS kit is $1950, all you need is someone that is willing to do a bit of work for you, throttlebody needs to be relocated, the blower mountings stay the same all that needs to be done is to move the TB from where it is make up another pipe that will bolt onto the plennum and matches up close to the blower intake then use the sleave to join. Now grab the intake that goes to ur airfilter and you will need to make up short pipe to weld to the intake with a bracket on the other side that matches the back of the TB to bolt up to, giving you the TB befor the blower,throttle cable needs to reach round the left side of the engine around the front to the new TB location. You will also need to lengthen the air sens wires to now reach,the Ecotec you can use a 60ohm resistor in the air sens to fool the ecu into running at 2deg which basiclly makes it dump more fuel in all time like when you 1st start up in morns it does that to protect the engine until it warms up, with the VR buick engine they do not have this sensor so not sure bout fuel issues, you may HAVE to get it chipped with bigger injects regardless,Hardest part will be fabricating the bracket to match the TB which will be the same for the plennum. also needs to dyno to tune it as it may run lean top end.....widowmaker race engines can do this install for round $1500 plus the kit, all in all fairly cheap upgrade with insane results.....this info came to me via Powerup who is very knowledgable regarding these kits....Good luck Commodore_chick!!!!! nice ride...

C

Commodore_Chick

yeah all that is no worries.. we have $5000 spare to spend in the next month so thats when it will be going in with any luck.. my bf's uncles m8 installes superchargers.. he just put one in on his vk commo with a 3.8lr vn engine...

also i was wondering if it is tru that putting big mags on ur car can throw the speedo out?? ive heard it from a few people but i dont know if it is true or not...

if so how do i fix it because the last thing i need is to be cruisin around and get a speeding fine!!!!

Thanks guys!!

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
Search the forums, there is a website with a calculator on it which can tell you how much ur speedo is out by. Its usually a very small number which is not worth worrying about (less then 1km/h)

C

Commodore_Chick

thanks for that Infus10n! ill have a search for that now!!

C

CustomVS

if you put 17" on ya car need to stick with 45mm profile rubber, if you go 18" go 35mm, it really only applies if you go 19" or 20", your axle needs to rotate more times for the tyre to do one revolution, other than that dont worry....

C

CustomVS

Well, 5g's will get you a very nice setup, neat and bloody quick!!!! good work commodore_chick!!!

VNSS5L

VN SS V8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VS
CustomVS said:
Well, 5g's will get you a very nice setup, neat and bloody quick!!!! good work commodore_chick!!!

I agree, $5000 can go a long way! Keep up the good work and keep us posted on updates!! :w00t: