Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new daily - vx ss

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Whilst everything apart, not going to paint rocker covers etc and spruce up the engine bay?

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
that was the plan Uni but I just really want it back together, but to paint the rocker covers ect its just a matter of a few bolts for the turbo and dump pipe so I can do that later.

the whole motor is together again, manifolds are on but just need to be tightened... so all that's left is to hook the loom up to the injectors, fit the coil packs, fit the turbo and the exhaust and hopefully its all good again.

my mate is stoked to have over 1000hp sitting in his garage at the moment lol

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Cheers kanga, still has a bad lifter tick so I think I might put some tie bars in it soon and upgrade the hot side of the turbo kit and go a gt42

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Well guys things haven't ended well today, took it for its first drive around the block and it ended with a massive engine bay fire...

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Well guys things haven't ended well today, took it for its first drive around the block and it ended with a massive engine bay fire...

Bugger

Any ideas?

Sorry to hear

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
coil packs set fire due to the paint on them, I was told it was safe and it clearly wasn't and now the company who told me it was safe if excepting no responsibility because the staff member who told me it was safe if now saying he warned me not to use it but I did it anyway

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
coil packs set fire due to the paint on them, I was told it was safe and it clearly wasn't and now the company who told me it was safe if excepting no responsibility because the staff member who told me it was safe if now saying he warned me not to use it but I did it anyway

Gees m8.. your not having much luck with your project to date..you can't trust anyone these days. That dude is obviously denying what he told you to save his own butt..hope the fire didn't cause too much damage? What kind of paint / brand was it?
On LS1 Tech it's a popular dress up mod..but they do say not to get any paint on the connectors..

Last edited: