Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Engine

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
Hey how u all doing? My VN engine is pretty much at the end of the road i think.. the k's have just stopped rolling on the odo... H
I was just wondering is it possible to buy a brand new engine or build a new one from scratch? except a VR/VS/VT engine, would it fit into my engine bay? I've got a 89 VN exec.
if i can't do that how much would it be to buy a reco engine or build it up again so it works like new? and how long would it take?

Thanks In Advance
Cheers

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
it is imposible to get a brand new commodore motor for your vn, you can how ever get them rebuilt, i personaly reckon a re-built motor is better than a re-conditioned motor, re-built donks are done by 1 person and it can take anywhere upto 2 weeks, where a reco motor is done along the lines of a production line, and usualy done in 3 day's.

cost wise, for a re-build on your original motor could be anywhere from 2k upto 4k depending on how deep your pockets are, they can last aslong as the original motor, 15/16 years

reco motor, 1.5k to about 2k can last anywhere from 4 yrs to 6 years,

there are options there, depending on how much you are willing to spend you can get some good deals.

cheers
garth
p.s. these are based on qld prices, i imagin in sydney it would be more so id be calling a few people to see what the go is in sydney, get quotes over the same, if you get a quote, you can get a idea

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Thanks Garth...
Anyone in sydney or know anyone in sydney that knows where i could go?

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
If you are lucky you could find a series one engine in a wreck for cheap.
I picked one up the other day for $50.
Yes it was running fine.
I drove it home and ripped it outta the car. I am only using it for a spare block.
SO if you just want to keep your beloved set of wheel on the road for now, i would recommend doing that.
But if you want something that is gonna give you some serious power be prepared to take a mortgage out on some of your body parts!!! HA HA!
Dont know what sydney prices are like tho.

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
nah thats fair enough... i'll see wat parts are going for at the wreckers in blacktown near me.... If i take up the management position in my job it'll onli take me 3 months or something to save up 4k to get an engine rebuilt
so either way i'm prepared to spend as much as it takes to keep my old baby on the road and looking like new