Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new exhaust

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
Also if one of your cats is stuffed, then we are in the same boat. Mine developed a rattle around the catalytic convertor. Its sort of stopped now ( i also turned the stereo up to tune it out) but Its next on my list. I want to put in something decent. like the high flow ones like magna flow or something like that.

hope this helps

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Go to a wrecker and get hold of LS1 cats and weld them in. No extra flow but easier to find. See how often the exhaust shop in your area does big systems on the V8's, most of the time they just chuck the standard system so you may get lucky.

vtsuperchargedboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT supercharged
yeah the cat converter is my problem, my mate was saying his vp had no cat but a straight pipe, i don't know what that means or anything but does that mean he'd have no cat convertor?

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
If your mate has not cat, then he should hope he doenst get caught by the cops. From what I've read on this site, its not just a little bit illegal, its a big fine. Not really worth it if you ask me.

Cheers

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ha having no cat is a big problem, its that "egg" or "fart" smell from cars, it means there cat is stuffed. it stops the emissions and helps on not polluting the air.
But in turn sacrifices a bit of power..... But yer..id definatly keep it on lol :D