Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new graffiti laws

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
but i get the train in to the city every morning, and some of the stuff you see on the way is freaking awesome.

Thats one thing I remember about catching the train on school holidays to my Nan's house, all the awesome art... There used to be a huge Witch along the way somewhere. I was told by someone that some of those people have licenses to do it in certain places... Not sure about there though.

Some is art and awesome, other tags etc well pathetic really. But we wont ever stop it 100%. I think maybe having somewhere in each capital where they can go and paint as much as they want could help a little, or even comps etc? May help a little.

WA is a bit different LOL here they breath it in before it makes it to a wall, I remember when I worked next door to Super Cheap Auto, heaps of young people asking me to go buy paint for them because they "needed it for a school project" and they couldn't buy it because they were under 16. But we do have a heap of rubbish Graffiti around here.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
All grafitti that has not been authorised should see the offenders hands cut off so they can never do it again!

It's called respect, GET SOME!!!

As for people saying it's good, that's why there's art shows for grafitti artists and they all sell their works for millions of dollars huh? pfffft!

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
As for people saying it's good, that's why there's art shows for grafitti artists and they all sell their works for millions of dollars huh? pfffft!

if Da Vinci painted the Mona Lisa every where would that be worth anything?

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
i dont mind sum graffiti... some looks good, but some times its abit to much.
heck if i get to own my own hous soon, ill let the ppl paint it for me, i reckon it could look good.

But as for fines.. i think 26k is abit much for a propety.... and 550bux for carrying a can....

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
If it's genuine art done with permission I don't have a problem but if it's just the usual tagging of everything the little ****s can reach then the fines are right IMO

Cordelia calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VY Acclaim
Hmm I am with all of you! but the fines? they are just there for a scare! no little kid has 25k perhaps thay should change the law to a "S*** taging" law, if your art is s*** you get a big fine!

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
lol walk out of super cheap with a pain can.....swat team comes from no where...... helicopters......jks lol

i find that hard to believe that they can fine you for walking down the street with a paint can ...unless they see you with paint on ya hands and a nearby wall freshly painted.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
i had quite a few mates in brissy that used to do this, only thing was though i don't remember them ever going around and doing it on peoples property. they used to do it at spillways/under bridges and in culverts...to me thats not a real big issue, but doing it on peoples fences/cars now thats not right at all unless permission has been given.

oh and people who do **** ant little tags should be shot! they look gay and get no respect from the graf community.

so does this now mean when i have to go and get paint for the car (spray can type) im going to have to get it ordered to my house to save dealing with the cops?...if i were in vic that is.

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Make the fines higher, all graffiti looks like ****. If people want to graffiti, buy your own property build a few walls and go for your life.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Make the fines higher, all graffiti looks like ****. If people want to graffiti, buy your own property build a few walls and go for your life.

Agree.

I hate graffiti... Enough said.:thumbsup: