Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Guy. G'day and thanks!

jakefromclarkson

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've just signed up for the sole purpose of thanking everyone for all the help and info I've found in the forum.

I wouldn't say I'm a commodore enthusiast, but my daily runabout is a VX wagon and I cant stand the idea of paying hundreds of bucks to do something that could cost me nothing more than the parts and a bit of time.

Lately I've had to replace a CAS, which I diagnosed and replaced with help found here. Followed closely by a new radiator and thermostat (which wouldn't have been bled properly if it wasn't for some handy forum users).

Before I realised the CAS was faulty, I threw in a new fuel pump, following your instructions.

I also parted out a donor car (long story, to do with the CAS) and again, the forum saved me hours telling me what to undo and when.

My car is ugly as hell, and cost me less (to buy) than most guys spend on sneakers but it runs great and fits the kids, dogs, surfboards and whatever else. Next on the list is fixing the central locking in the rear, and then checking out a clunk coming from the rear end. Pretty sure shocks but I haven't had a look yet.

Cheers, all!