Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New headlight help

D

DamoVL

Hey,

looking at getting headlights replaced with something a little brighter and clearer.

does anyone have any surgestions about different globes that i could put in for a bit cleaner and brighter light?

thanks heaps,

DamoVL ;)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Not really, lol.. Just go in and get a higher watt globe, the circuit for the headlights could do with an upgrade if you go too large. I've got those white/blue globes, noone seems to like them but it definately picks out things alot better even though they don't seem as bright.

What are the actual headlights like, with the chrome inside, if the reflectors are that bad it'll be shithouse no matter what globes you put in.

D

DamoVL

yea the backing chrome is fine just i would like something a bit brighter - yea those euro white/blues look alright but bugger they do anumber to ur eyes!!

might look at getting a set ;)

:D thanks

blue alliance

Reaction score
Website
www.cruisingmackay.com
Members Ride
98 VT S pack Supercharged/ 77 Datsun 260z Rb20det
yeah i use the arctic blues ,only got the cheap ones not the 90 dollar phillips blue optimos, mine where worth about 20 dollars. They give a lot cleaner and clearer light and look alot more revitalised compared to yellow standard lights. Will updrage to phillips soon as they have a bluer look to them.

D

DamoVL

yea i have been looking at those phillips lights and i think i have just made my choice

yea they have a much cleaner light and it would give the car a much more updated feel at night ;)

cheers for the help boys! :)

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
I have the Nightvision brand globes, cost a bit under $30 for the pair. I had some other cheap brand and they were as bright as candles, so I went with the Nightvision, and they are much better, all Aussie too.

C

craige1982

Blue Alliance, what globes are you talking about when you say $90 a pair. Autobard have the Phillips globes for $40 a pair (www.autobarn.com.au --> Lighting --> Performance).

I have a VN, and as you probably already know, the VN (and also VP) lights are CRAP. I have put the Narva +30 globes in, and they do Shiet all, expecially at night. If it's wet, they do NOT light up the road at all. I want to put new globes in, but dont know if the Phillips will be any better. Has anyone used the Phillips. Also which ones did you use (Vision Plus, Diamond Vision etc).

If I get the globes and they don't work, I might look at replacing the actual headlight.

Also anyone had any experience with HID Conversion Kits.

sully

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL executive
Like Bextor said, make sure the actual reflectors are clean and in good nic otherwise it wont matter what globes you put in... i got new reflectors cause my old ones were rooted, 60 bucks each theyre kickass the standard globes are plenty bright enough now...

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
the phillips blue light globes actually produce less light than your standard globes.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
What makes you say that?

I find that the white or blue globes provide heaps better visibility, they don't seem as bright, but everything white, center lines, road markers, footpaths, show up alot better.

On the other hand, at night time I can't see a thing on a black road.