Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Holden 3.6L V6 Engine produces 190kw

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Even better is that if you noticed the power/torque outputs were for the 3.6lt not the 3.8.
Cheers

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Nice! :eek: I want one too! :D

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
mmm id have one....you got me all excited there for a sec i thought it was some new info on it but its the same old press release :)

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
i diont like the look ofthe caddilac..... the VY calais looks a bit like it though

T

Tony

god damn those cars look ugly. IMO, commo's started looking ugle w/o bodykits after the VL.
:D

T

t3zza

I like how they claim 190kw, it will be good to see how much power at the wheels not fly wheel. It doesn't seem to have much torpue though, but low rev power is what we need in Australia, as our speed limit is around the 100km/h. The new Gen 4 would be sweet, they claim it has 400hp standard so thats going to mean the standard v8's are going to do the 0-100 in the 5 sec mark standard. hehehe HSV should be able to hit the 4's in there GTS and R8 versions.

Reading about eh turbos, there absolutly a waste on the 3.6 litre there not designed to rev that high. I think they are talking about putting them in the 2 litre version or watever it is. Go the supercharged V6 3.8 anyday, yet alone V8... ;)

TheLucksta

Reaction score
The HFV6 will have quad cams with variable valve timing, which means that torque will be damn good through the whole rev range. Because of VVT, the cams will be able to alter the duration and lift as revs increase, therefore creating more valve overlap as the revs increase also. Valve overlap would normally be a problem at low revs for a pushrod engine because it would be getting massive amounts of air flowing through it, hence why you get that hell lumpy idle. This VVT stuff is bloody awesome!!! I only wish that they would increase the capacity to 4.0L instead of going backwards. :mad:

W

WeeMan

id love a caddy.

i think vy's out side is ****. id go vt/vx anyday over a vy exterior but gimme its interior anyday

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
All the news I had heard about the new HFV6 indicated that the new Commodore will have the 3.6 varient, not the 3.8 Guess we'll find out closer to date. Which ever size it is, it'll be a ripper!!!

Andy :)