Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Holden Commodore Omega range boosts economy with new 3.0 and 3.6L V6 engines

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Looks like that headers are a no go with the new V6's... But i'm wondering if both versions of the V6 have the manifolds cast into the heads.

i dont believe the manifolds were that different, it has a high pressure fuel pump on the back of the left hand head, and still runs fuel rail and injectors under the rail

minircc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina
9.3 L/100km is awesome for a car it's size. i wonder what the 0-100 times though.
no point having a commodore use fuel like a camry then go like a camry..

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
9.3 L/100km is awesome for a car it's size. i wonder what the 0-100 times though.
no point having a commodore use fuel like a camry then go like a camry..
About half an hour:p..

Nah maybe high 8's mid 9's, similar to now, as long as they get the gearing right it should pull ok.

Be ok with we could see this engine in action on another overseas model.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
how have they gotten less power, just detuned them, if thats the case stands to reason people could simply get them retuned to 227kw

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
It's all just smoke and mirrors, none of these figures are for the real world consumption. You can get good fuel economy out of most car it just comes down to how you drive them!:bang:

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
I'm all fore the greener engines but I also like performance. More power results in less right foot (for the majority) and thus reflects decent fuel economy.
I dearly hope that the Holden engineers get their power to weight ratio's right to complement the new transmission ratio's which are probably left untouched from the higher output engines in the US.
I've already read of motoring industry individuals that have designated the new 3ltr engine as a lemon purely because of torque values quoted. Maybe, or are they just holden bashers and drive uninspiring euro trash:whistling
I too wish we were getting the US spec engines as they get a good rap from the yank tests. The 6 speed auto also has some good reliability stats in the US.

Reducing the KW power of the 6ltr is also distressing:cry:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hopefully they gave an extra 2 multipling gears instead of a overdrive + mutliply,

if they say first gear is like 4.5:1+ it will be the same if not a fraction better than the current 4sp,

thats if they keep the 3.27:1 diff ratio

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I'm interested in this weight reduction they speak of. They have said the motor and auto reduce weight on their own. But what more can they do to drop another 50 od kg.

Some detials..

TRANSMISSION 6L50E
TransmissionType: Electronically controlled automatic overdrive transmission with torque converter clutch. Clutch to clutch architecture with integral Electro/ Hydraulic controls module
Gear ratios: :)1):
First: 4.06
Second: 2.37
Third: 1.55
Fourth: 1.16
Fifth: 0.85
Sixth: 0.67
Reverse: -3.2
Final drive ratio: 3.27