Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Holden Parts?

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
I'm in the states. I remember reading when GM announced the closing of Holden, that they would continue to support owners for the next ten years. So what happened to all the Holden dealerships? And where do you go for service and parts? Can anyone give me contact info for parts? It does not matter if they will not ship internationally. I have a very good contact in NSW that can ship to me, as long as the dealership will ship to there.

Thanks!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The main parts that will be difficult to get and it's been like that since cars were made, are panels and interior bits.

The normal wearing parts will be available new until the cars are ready to go to the scrap yard. They may not be from the original supplier, but some aftermarket place will supply it.....Just like it always has been...

Servicing will be able to be done by plenty of places.....It's a case of finding a place you are comfortable with to do it and take it from there

So don't fall into the trap of, the manufacturer shut its doors, we're screwed because it's a load of it....

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I remember reading when GM announced the closing of Holden, that they would continue to support owners for the next ten years
GM’s word isn’t worth two knobs of goat shite! Plenty of parts are already unobtanium for VEs and probably for VFs as well. Most of the old dealerships are still selling Holden parts so whichever one is/was closest to your mate in NSW would probably be the best one to go to.

A lot of the old dealerships are selling their parts on eBay now so I’ve pretty much exclusively bought all the genuine parts I’ve needed (or stocked up on) from eBay. Most of them have come from either Village Motors in North Lakes, Queensland or Peter Page in Elisabeth, South Australia.

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/village...uid=rhxbo5rcsxq&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.com.au/str/peterpa...uid=rhxbo5rcsxq&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
The main parts that will be difficult to get and it's been like that since cars were made, are panels and interior bits.

The normal wearing parts will be available new until the cars are ready to go to the scrap yard. They may not be from the original supplier, but some aftermarket place will supply it.....Just like it always has been...

Servicing will be able to be done by plenty of places.....It's a case of finding a place you are comfortable with to do it and take it from there

So don't fall into the trap of, the manufacturer shut its doors, we're screwed because it's a load of it....
Your fine until a part that doesn’t commonly wear out wears out or breaks and then your screwed. Old mate might have more difficulty than most of us keeping his Holden on the road seeing as he’s in the US.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
GM’s word isn’t worth two knobs of goat shite! Plenty of parts are already unobtanium for VEs and probably for VFs as well. Most of the old dealerships are still selling Holden parts so whichever one is/was closest to your mate in NSW would probably be the best one to go to.

A lot of the old dealerships are selling their parts on eBay now so I’ve pretty much exclusively bought all the genuine parts I’ve needed (or stocked up on) from eBay. Most of them have come from either Village Motors in North Lakes, Queensland or Peter Page in Elisabeth, South Australia.

Alan Mance here in Vic is also doing that

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Plenty of genuine parts in the USA under the brand name of AC Delco…

again it all depends on what youre after…

body parts, bonnets, guards, bumpers etc might be different as you would most likely need to obtain them from GM Holden dealership as for consumables such as engine parts, transmissions, bearings etc you should be able to source them from the USA

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
Alan Mance here in Vic is also doing that
Pretty sure the new steering wheel I bought for the SSV back in 2020 came from Alan Mance. Glad I got in early and bought one as they are expensive now. I only paid $300 for mine and now they are asking $1000 odd for one! :eek:

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
Fortunately, most mechanical parts are available here from any Chevy, Buick, or Cadillac dealership as well as service and they aren't going away anytime soon. But for many cosmetic parts or parts that are ute only, I'm screwed and have to go down under. For example, I just completed an auto to manual swap but had to use a 2010 - 2015 Camaro SS gearbox. It is not exact as it's slightly longer so several parts did not "bolt on", i.e. driveshaft had to be shortened, a custom crossmember had to be fabbed and the front shifter arms also were shortened.

Our version of the Commodore, the 2008 - 09 G8, never came with for example, a Series 2, HSV variants and the ONLY manual gearbox originally fitted was on the 2009.5 G8 GT GXP (less than 1,000). So unique parts to the GXP are impossible to find here.

Currently, I'm looking for an MRC switch which to my understanding, came only on HSV sedans, which we have none here. I'm also looking for a center console rear A/C outlet blanking plate (ute only), and a jade gloss center console ute power window / mirror switch. Jade gloss was not sold here.

So I needed to reach out to see where I can possibly find these parts.

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
Fortunately, most mechanical parts are available here from any Chevy, Buick, or Cadillac dealership as well as service and they aren't going away anytime soon. But for many cosmetic parts or parts that are ute only, I'm screwed and have to go down under. For example, I just completed an auto to manual swap but had to use a 2010 - 2015 Camaro SS gearbox. It is not exact as it's slightly longer so several parts did not "bolt on", i.e. driveshaft had to be shortened, a custom crossmember had to be fabbed and the front shifter arms also were shortened.

Our version of the Commodore, the 2008 - 09 G8, never came with for example, a Series 2, HSV variants and the ONLY manual gearbox originally fitted was on the 2009.5 G8 GT GXP (less than 1,000). So unique parts to the GXP are impossible to find here.

Currently, I'm looking for an MRC switch which to my understanding, came only on HSV sedans, which we have none here. I'm also looking for a center console rear A/C outlet blanking plate (ute only), and a jade gloss center console ute power window / mirror switch. Jade gloss was not sold here.

So I needed to reach out to see where I can possibly find these parts.
Ok… I c your problem…

jade gloss, is that a black or green colour?