Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new hu not working

orbisfactor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive Wagon V6 Manual
replaced an old pioneer headunit with a alpine cda-9885 and the alpine isn't working. don't know what would be causing the problem as the wires are connected correctly, it just doesn't wanna turn on.

one thing to come of this though is that now the central locking doesn't work :(

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Checked your fuses? Both for the car, and the inline one for the HU?

Best thing to do when installing a HU is to test it before you fully mount it. That way, if anything doesn't work, you can easily fix it.

sakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II
yeh sounds like youve blown a fuse, should be an easy fix :)

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
did u have the battery disconnected when your were doin the install?

orbisfactor

Reaction score
Members Ride
battery was disconnected, and i did test the headunit before mounting, thats how i know it doesn't work. checked the fuse in the headunit and it was fine, will check the others

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
You need a multimeter to check it. You simply need the black grounded, yellow and red wires connected to 12V. Use your multimeter to confirm that there is 12V on both the red and yellow wire. Disconnect all other wires, speakers etc, as speakers that are wired incorrectly can stop the head unit working as a safety measure. If you have the HU grounded and power and it still doesnt work, and you have checked the fuse (use your multimeter again to check it) than the unit is faulty and you can send back under warranty.

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
assuming the deck was brand new?

orbisfactor

Reaction score
Members Ride
was a blown fuse, replaced fuse and it works. but i now i have other problems. firstly the headunit doesn't turn on automatically, have manually turn it on everytime. secondly the headunit doesn't remember any of the settings i change and so when it next gets turned on, i have to do it all over again. damned annoying

Ra1d

omg thats the funky sh1t
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec, VL Exec
sounds like you dont have your constant power connected, its usually the yellow wire on the back of your deck. might wanna double check its connected well, and that you are connecting it to a constant source of power.