Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New key cut for hsv maloo and it wont start

vsmaloo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs hsv maloo
i had the WHOLE key replaced and gave them the bcm code needed for the key. so yea it has been programmed , I think?/

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
i had the WHOLE key replaced and gave them the bcm code needed for the key. so yea it has been programmed , I think?/

Hmmm iv only ever heard of reprogramming by putting the key in the ignition and turning the ignition on and plugging the tech tool into the diagnostics plug and doing it that way

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Did you throw out the old key?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Theres 2 ways to program new keyfobs for VR/VS, one is with a tech 1 scantool. Or it can be done through a locksmith etc, but some locksmiths and key cutting places will actually need a working keyfob, so they can copy over the security details from the old keyfob to the new blank keyfob.

vsmaloo84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs hsv maloo
ahhh right oh> i shall go to the locksmith tomorrow and see what i can do

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
ok i jave a maloo 1998......the red tag is for resetting and getting rid of old codes.......its also used to re program new keys into the system......i think you need to put the key in the ign and use the red toggle swith on the thing ingy in the glove box ( if you dont have the red toggle tage you have probs) as with out the red one you cant add any new keys...........................its in your maloo hsv manual how to do it all.....ive just got in from work and its 4am and i dont have the extra manual from hsv that came with my maloo here in the lounge room,ill have a read later today and post what and how you need to do it all......cheeers.......ps you can have 100 keys cut to suit you maloo lol but if thay are no intro ed into the syst with the red tag none of them will work....its not like the holdens with mobbies alone ( thay just have to have the introed to the mobby) hsv keys have to be introed to the mobby and the hsv securirty system/////// leave it with me ill get back to you later 2day.........

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah its been prog....but as i said it has to be introed with the reg tag that came with the car (if lost thay cant be replaced and the key cant be introed) the 2 black tags you have are used to overide the system via the dock in the glove box or ine the center cons

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
tech 2 tool wont help....the new key has to be introed via the red tag ( no other way) as the hsv sec system wont allow to have it done via a tech 2... DR BOB IS GOD ON THE JC FORUMS....IF YOU DONT THINK IM RITE PLS MSG DR BOB AND HE WILL TELL YOU HOW IT IS,,,CHEEERS

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
If you dont have the extra hsv man with how to use the iss hsv syst ? Send me a mobile via prt msg and ill go thru it with you over the phone......
yeah its been prog....but as i said it has to be introed with the reg tag that came with the car (if lost thay cant be replaced and the key cant be introed) the 2 black tags you have are used to overide the system via the dock in the glove box or ine the center cons

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
Lock smith cant help,,,,your new key has to be introes with the red tag,and if it has 3 coded in it already? The red tag also need to be used to get rid of at least of the old codes so you can add you new key to the hsv iss syst
ahhh right oh> i shall go to the locksmith tomorrow and see what i can do