Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New member in Sydney

Santooch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
G'day All,

I'm new to this forum, and I have just today purchased an '05 VZ SS ute. I should be picking it up on Saturday.

This will be my first ever V8, having putted around for the last 12 years in a Mazda 323 that I purchased brand new back in 2000.

You know what's funny? I didn't even want to buy a Commodore, and was actually after an XR8. Although I've never been into the whole Holden vs Ford thing, I have always preferred the look and styling of the Falcons. Ever since I was a teenager, I wanted an XR8 ute.

I have driven a few BA XR8s over the last couple of weeks, and other than the accelerator and brake pedals being stupidly close together, I loved them. I just found it very hard to find one in good condition, low KMs, and had a passenger air bag (looks like 99% of new Falcon ute owners opted not to get a passenger bag).

I went out at lunch time today to chase down a couple more XR8s that found carsales.com.au - one of the utes wasn't actually there, and the other had 250000KMs on it. I put off by the KMs, and started walking back to my car, and as I walked past another used car dealership, I happened to notice a silver Commodore ute sitting in the middle of the yard. I figured I would go in and just take a look at it, as I hadn't paid any attention to Commodores before.

I looked at the little info board, and it was an '05 VZ SS with 140000KMs on it. It looked shmick from the outside, and I spoke to the salesman about it for a few minutes. I asked him to take it for a drive, and off we went.

First thing I noticed is that it was comfortable - more so than the XR8- and the pedals were far enough apart that I could actually use them individually! It also sounded good, although not as mean as the BOSS 260 in the XR8. What a shame.

We got back to the dealership, and went into the office to talk to the dude, and see what kind of deal he could do. 20 minutes later, deposit paid, $16k, and 3 years additional warranty for free (I checked their numbers, and they did indeed include it for free). Hopefully I will get 2-3k for my Mazda, and it will work out really good indeed.

The only thing I don't like about the car is that it has a set of 20" rims on it. The car looks good, but I reckon 17's or 18's will look better, so I'll probably sell the 20's. If anyone wants to do a swap, just let me know.

Anyway, that's my story. I'll post some pics when I pick up the car. If the weather stays good for this weekend, I'll take it for a spin up the old road.

See ya'll out on the road.

Antonio.

Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
Crewman VYII SS
Welcome to the forum. Let's see some pictures when you get it and hopefully I'll see you around.
I'm in Western Sydney.

Take care and enjoy.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Sounds like a decent deal mate. $16k for a VZ SS ute with 140k on it is pretty good! Auto or Manual?
Be sure to post some pics up after your get it!
Dont think you'll have any probs in finding someone who wants to swap some 17/18's for some 20's either unless they are chrome dinner plates! lol

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Welcome Antonio, I'm sure you will love you new car. May I suggest 18 inch rims, not too big, not too small and still comfortable enough.

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
I got stock ve sv6 rims. 18". May consider swapping.

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Btw congratulations on the new ride too!

Stevothedevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II MY12 SSV Redline
Welcome to the forum. Let's see some pictures when you get it and hopefully I'll see you around.
I'm in Western Sydney.

Take care and enjoy.

What Carl said, welcome. Some pics when you can.