Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New member - VZ Calais

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
Hey Guys,
Just signed up, yet to pick up the new baby, but thought I'd show off the pics I took at the dealer.
Should have it in the driveway buy late this week/early next week.
Can't decide on rim style yet.

What do you think?

Car: 2005 VZ Calais
Color: Not sure... Can someone tell me the real name for this colour?
Engine: 3.8Ltr 114,000kms
Trans: Standard Auto
Diff: Standard LSD
Brakes: Standard
Interior: Standard
Suspension: Standard
Exterior: Just factory standard
Engine mods: None
Stereo: Stock
Future: Tint, 19's, lowered. View attachment 94903View attachment 94902View attachment 94901

Last edited:

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Nice car. It should have a 3.6 litre aloytech and and different suspension than STD, can't remember if it is FE2 or FE1.5? How much did you pick it up for?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Nice looking Calais mate. The colour is either Odyssey or Turbine, bit hard to judge by those pictures. But I'm fairly certain Turbine was discontinued by the end of the VY, so it'd more than likely be Odyssey.
Future plans sound good too

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
Howdy.

Picked it up for just under 20k. And yeah, alloy tech. After looking at a few other colours I think it's oddesey as well. As for the suspension, not sure, just what ever is STD for a Calais. Also the rims that are in the pic I'm not getting, I asked the dealer to put the STD Calais 17" back on. They ones in the pic are just cheapies from bob Jane to try and help sell the car but the dealer wanted $1600 for them!!!! LoL

How do I tell what the suspension is?

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
Double post, sorry.

Last edited:

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
It's definately odyssey. Same colour as mine. Looks good bud. As mentioned, it's a 3.6L not 3.8. And it doesn't have LSD. Wish it did though. What 19s you goin for?

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Nice car. It should have a 3.6 litre aloytech and and different suspension than STD, can't remember if it is FE2 or FE1.5? How much did you pick it up for?

Some had FE2 and some STD. Mine was STD. FE1.5 is for VEs :)

aj1987

05 VZ Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Calais
Not sure on the rims yet. Can't decide. Probably something polished/black or shadow chrome/gunmetal, but not straight chrome. Not really sure, just something subtle that highlights the other features of the car, like the chrome highlights etc.
From what i hear I should be able to throw 19x8's / 19x8.5's at it with no drama's (no rolling of guards etc.). Is that true and correct?
Also getting a set of HID 6000k low beams. Just gotta get the car to figure out where to mount the ballast boxes. I'f anyone has any pics of their HID install throw them up on here for me.
With a bit of luck, I'll have it by tomorrow arvo, otherwise it will be next week It's getting the electric motor in the drivers seat (upright bit) replaced before pickup.
Already booked it in for a 15% tint all round. :)

Thanks for the good vibes.

Last edited: