Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new member/ what car

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Ok (i'm not 100% sure on years EXACTLY, but this is a rough guide):

VN 1989 to 1991? Came in Exec, Berlina? Calais etc etc V6 and 5 litre + HSV etc

VP 1991 to 1993 Came in same as above + SS, HSV etc

VR 1993 - 1995? Came in same as above + SS HSV etc

VS 1995 to 1996 / 97'? Came in same as above + SS HSV etc.

Then you have the VG which is the VN shape but the ute version (VG's only came in a ute) then VQ statesmans (which are the VN shape but the statesman, VQ's are only statesmans).

After 1996 you have the VT, VX, VY, VZ and now the VE

Any of those in a 5 litre except for some HSV's etc can be purchased for under $10k with some hunting. 5 litres cost **** all to run mate, with more stock power than a stock V6 you may as well buy one if you can afford it.

But if you want a V6 then they are cheaper still. Standard very clean VS V6 can be picked up for around $4k - $5k down here in Vic. Not sure about other states.

kramreltub

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF FORD FAIRMONT
Got it!

Hey ! many thanks Cobez. I got that filed away so I can start looking for what I want & can afford (!!?).

I think its worth the wait for a 5litre as the extra purchase price is often not as high as some people may think.

Lotsa folk do NOT want a V8 these days & prefer the V6.

I'm in the S.E. QLD bush & a 5litre will chew up those long distances @ low revs!

Thanks mate, see ya, kramreltub.:D

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
No worries mate. Yeah it's probably the easiest time to snap up a V8. My dad just purchased a brand new VE SS ute from Holden for $32,500 on road. Times are bloody desperate for people selling V8's!

Good luck with your search dude.