Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new members doomed to early deaths

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I just wanna know what v6 Holden was using 25 years ago :D

As for being bored with the lack of power.. suck it up princess. P platers shouldnt have power. Never mind the bloody stereotypes I am sick of hearing them.

The bottom line is that like anything else in life, you have to progress up the ladder.

You dont get left to do heart surgery unsupervised the day after you get your medical degree. You dont get to be CEO of Woolies the day after you graduate from business school.

You dont attempt to swim the English Channel after 3 swimming lessons.

You dont get to have control of 2 tons of steel with masses of horsepower after 120 hrs of driving like a granny to impress your instructor. Theres a bridge to cross first. Get over it. Everyone else had to.

I completely agree.

Rep'd & Like'd

Top post.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Got any proof to back up your claims or are you just going off what you have heard on the news?

Call an insurance company and get a quote. Insurance companies are bookies, they play the odds. Not going to bother digging up links for proven statistical fact.

I apologise though, I did misword that last statement. I shouldnt have said 'most of you cant handle the cars you are driving'. Of course thats probably not true. What I should have said is 'a significantly higher number of people have major accidents in your demographic than in other demographics, and most are attributed to speed or inexperience or a combination of the two'.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
Dakster are you aware the day you get your opens your allowed to jump straight into a 1000 hp car after driving a low powered car. I would rather p platers have the options of driving what they want. Stupid people will always be stupid people.

do you want people to be on there ''p''s untill the age of 30?or longer?

where do you draw the line i guess is the question.............we could just go back to horse and cart would that make people happy?

i think people are way over reacting! back ten years ago there were stuff all rules and laws.here you could drive what you wanted and get your ''p''s at 16 adn 9 months[unsure what laws are now]

after driving my vl around all i can say is i don't know why a p plater would need a huge powered car?maybe there compensating for something else.

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
No I dont want people to be on Ps at all. I want them to have graded licenses, like trucks. Progress through the various levels of licenses, gaining experience along the way, taking more courses and passing more tests for each level of license.

As the law stands at the moment, you can get your Ls, then your Ps, then not bother getting a car or even driving for a few years.

Then you can buy a 1000hp beast and kill yourself in 10 minutes because the time you have been on your Ps has no bearing on how much experience you have at driving a car.

The whole P plate system is flawed. Advancing to a higher license should be skills and experience based, not time based, and as such it needs to be tested each time. This also means it should be possible to move forward faster if you are doing the courses and getting the experience.. carrot and stick ?

That said, the law at the moment although flawed is there for a reason. Inexperience is what it attempts to deal with, it just does it badly. Everyone else had to do it though, I see no reason why anyone should whine because they have to do it the same way the previous generations did.

The system should be changed, but it wont help many of you who dont even have licenses yet and are looking for more power. There are good reasons to limit what you can have, and no matter what system is applied it should limit you.

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
OP is sitting back and going:

6jve.jpg

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
lol yeah its getting a bit out of hand huh

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
lol yeah its getting a bit out of hand huh

i wasn't having a go.although it may have sounded like i did lol......

we need to sit back and look at why now there's more deaths now [well the way the media carries on about it]even with these harsher laws compared to ten years ago when you could drive what you want and got your p's at 16/9months?

VS Goon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore wagon V6
I'm 17 and have my red P's, i drive a VS commodore wagon, which are unpredictable in the wet, and dry if you boot it.
Yes, the auto does shift down when you boot it but don't be a dick and boot it. They have enough power not to need boot it and shift down. On the intersection near my house, when it's wet it's the funnest corner, even when dry. but i can control it, sure maybe one day i'll crash but i don't drive ridiculously everywhere.
I've also been driving since i was 11 in my paddocks so i know how to control a car, not to toot my own horn.
But if people want to be d***heads, then they will be. no matter the car

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
All autos shift down when you boot it