Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new members doomed to early deaths

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
it doesnt matter what car ur in your gonna hoon if u want to.
i crashed a 6cyl vk when i first got my licence trying to drift.
When i was on my Ps i brought a VE v8 then cammed it up to 450hp and never looked back
Now cause i have an expenste ute i dont go on the streets and insted i hit the track drifting

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Young drivers are more likely to kill someone in a powerful car because they are inexperienced, that's a fact. You should have to spend 5 years in a car that produces less than 100kw before you can get a powerful car.

I have to disagree on that theory, because I can spend 10, 20, 30 years driving a 90kw piece of ****, then jump into a 400HP car and say "no worries, I've driven a Barina for 30 years, I'm experienced", touch the accelerator and not be used to that much power, and crash and die.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
You should have to spend 5 years in a car that produces less than 100kw before you can get a powerful car.

Where did 100kW come from? Why not 90? why not 110?
Seems a stupid and ill informed comment since a new 100kW turbo diesel will destroy an old 140kW carbied V8 in both acceleration and top speed.

You can't just pull random power figures out of your ass and say that should be the limit because its more complex than just straight out power. There are many more considerations that make a car fast, and more importantly DANGEROUS than just the peak engine power listed in the owners manual

siroller

CAL 415
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl sl s/w mx7 a8 -- vy acclaim s/w 3.8A
to original post... are you retarded?

i have a worked turbo vl and getting it anywhere near 200 is no easy task.
also for an auto vl to lose traction n/a unworked with the extra weight of a wagon, single spinner, it would have to be a bald tyre and also very wet.

the entire scenario is unbelievable off of the bat and has nothing to do with the vehicle's ability and more to do with mentality of the driver. a vs would be faster and has more safety options. in fact when i was 18 i had a 96 magna which hit $2.20. scared the hell out of me and never again would i but point made a sluggish n/a vl is probably safer speed wise than a newer car.

summary - your dreaming mate

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
to original post... are you retarded?

summary - your dreaming mate

lol great first post

you'll meet a host of different people on here..especially harry lol

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have to disagree on that theory, because I can spend 10, 20, 30 years driving a 90kw piece of ****, then jump into a 400HP car and say "no worries, I've driven a Barina for 30 years, I'm experienced", touch the accelerator and not be used to that much power, and crash and die.

You are not experienced driving 400 hp but you are experienced driving. That means being able to "read" the traffic - identifying potential risks before they actually happen. One example could be a kid walking towards the road but looking the other way - a high risk that he may step out in front of you thus you slow or change lanes or make some other adjustment as the conditions dictate. You are building a skill set of driving and once that is mastered you are able to build on that learning the new skill of driving a powerful car etc.

Reaper

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Depends who you ask, i had a modified 6L V8 at 18 and still alive today!

Idiots will continue to hoon and kill themselves regardless of car or power. I also wouldn't say a VL is basically overpowered for an inexperienced driver at all. Vl is 114kw factory, given its age and deterioration it would be about the same power as a suzuki swift?

Very true. I had a 10 sec Torana when i was 18 and never had an accident in it, funnily enough before that i had a VL Berlina and it was the car i learnt to drive in. The only mods it had were to the suspension and wheels/tyres (not dropped stupidly low either) which actually made the car much safer. Driving that car in the wet taught me car control. The problem these days is young people are driving boosted cars for their very first car, and now with laws preventing that they are driving around in cheap "done Up" shitboxes that are just as dangerous and once they are off thier p's they are moving straight into a V8 or boosted car with no experience with that amount of power.

Last edited:

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
You are not experienced driving 400 hp but you are experienced driving. That means being able to "read" the traffic - identifying potential risks before they actually happen. One example could be a kid walking towards the road but looking the other way - a high risk that he may step out in front of you thus you slow or change lanes or make some other adjustment as the conditions dictate. You are building a skill set of driving and once that is mastered you are able to build on that learning the new skill of driving a powerful car etc.

Reaper

I agree with all of that, though the majority of crashes involving young drivers, or I guess "hoons", aren't because the traffic changed infront of them, it's because they lost control, speeding, all that. Not that I base that statement off any actual data, just what it seems like from the news etc

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I agree with all of that, though the majority of crashes involving young drivers, or I guess "hoons", aren't because the traffic changed infront of them, it's because they lost control, speeding, all that. Not that I base that statement off any actual data, just what it seems like from the news etc

Well lets just stick to the facts eh??? Made up statistics don't help your argument what so ever ;)

Reaper