Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new p-plate laws (VIC)

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
azkwazere said:
ill accept that there are dumb asses with reds on... but i wont take **** anymore from jc members.... its officially racism... its gone too far and is degrading and disrespectful. Enough.

aZk.

again i agree, a few members do seem to give hell to p platers, & it really does suck & needs to be put to rest. Not All of us are di ckheads

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
azkwazere said:
ill accept that there are dumb asses with reds on... but i wont take **** anymore from jc members.... its officially racism... its gone too far and is degrading and disrespectful. Enough.

aZk.

wah ****ing wah. What are you worried about? It wont affect you. I hate people who think statistics are just pulled from ones ass.

Mate, they are setting this up so that there wont BE ANY ****wits in any age group.

Yes i agree some people should have to be monitored more closely. By changing rules and making hard at a young age maybe people will grow up with a better road sense and there will not be any ****wits in any age groups.

again i agree, a few members do seem to give hell to p platers, & it really does suck & needs to be put to rest. Not All of us are di ckheads

chargd, once again a P plater blieves people are being too hard on them.

You said yourself 2 posts prior to that one that a minority ruin it for the rest. That minority sets the standard, like it or not. People arent calling all P platers ********s. P Platers on JC seem to see the word p plater and forgot to read the rest of a post and just think people are bagging them...i see it happen all the time.

Jimboss

Reaction score
minux said:
I hate people who think statistics are just pulled from ones ass.

I think it's important to understand that statistics can be manipulated in so many ways, to get so many outcomes.

I remember reading in the Learner handbook that i got (one of the few things i still remember), The amount of non-fatal car crashes was highest for the 17 - 25 year old age bracket, but the amount of crashes for the 37 - 45 (maybe 35 - 45) was only about 2% less.

For an age group which should have the most experience driving, it's amazing that they are just as high in crashes.

As for the statistics, any that politician's use to support their arguement are usually falsified in some way, it may only be a small thing, but they will always leave out the information which doesn't support their arguement 100%

X

XU6 (fLOGINU)

so with the new legislation does this mean that even little turbo diesels are banned as well? if so i believe this is rediculous, my mate parents have a rodeo that is a turbo diesel and to be honest is no race car. i think they might have gorn a little far this time.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
minux said:
chargd, once again a P plater blieves people are being too hard on them.

You said yourself 2 posts prior to that one that a minority ruin it for the rest. That minority sets the standard, like it or not. People arent calling all P platers ********s. P Platers on JC seem to see the word p plater and forgot to read the rest of a post and just think people are bagging them...i see it happen all the time.

thats not it at all, all i said was that certain members go a bit overboard with hanging **** i p platers

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
havnt seen any dates yet. should be good though. should save some problems. i read a comment in the local rag about it from a p-plater "it wont make any difference, i already know how to drive."
thats the sort of person who shouldnt be on the roads!
i still always think more fruitful education rather than extended education, but til they can figure that out then anything is better than nothing.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Defensive driving courses and advanced driving courses should be mandatory before getting your P plates.. it should be the part between passing your learners test, and receiving your license.

Curfew night driving is one of the most rediculous things they could do, second only to 1 passenger restrictions. "Young drivers want this.." find me one young driver that thinks this is a good idea. I'm alot more careful with a full carload. As it happens, the only times I have full car loads are usually to parties/clubs/outtings where there is going to be drinking.. and I'm the one not drinking at all.

Expect a whole lot more accidents/fines to young people for drink driving if that one is brought in. Much easier to hide your drinking then 2 passengers in the back seat.

bennzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX II Berlina GenIII V8 5.7
people can say they are a really good driver and can handle the roads very well even with high powered vehicles, but is there really such a thing as a really good driver or best driver. every day of the week your learning how to driver whether its been a year of driving you have done or 30 years of driving, you are still learning to drive. when i went for my p's i only had done like i reckon no more than 20 hours of driving, most of my driving was done with an instructor.

im lucky i get off my p's in like 16 days now, but even with p-plates ive still been doing what a normal driver does, drives any car they like with no p-plates on, but when i have no p-plates on its only very short trips and only for work as i work for a dealership and dont want to put p-plates on a sold car thats be transported for delivery to new car yard.

I have bought a high powered vehicle which i havent even driven yet. ive been asked to but i say no i aint risking my license for it.

About a month ago i went to the police station to find out about the laws on if i was able to drive my new car i just purchased, the women at the desk said no p-platers can drive any v8s, im like wtf thats total bullshit, so then she called someone and said my vehicle to the other officer and then the reply back was u cant drive that one but can drive certain ones.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
About a month ago i went to the police station to find out about the laws on if i was able to drive my new car i just purchased, the women at the desk said no p-platers can drive any v8s, im like wtf thats total bullshit, so then she called someone and said my vehicle to the other officer and then the reply back was u cant drive that one but can drive certain ones.

It's about power to weight ratio, not the number of cylinders..

You're allowed to drive a 5.0 V8, like the ones in the Series 1 VT and back.. You're not allowed anywhere near a GenIII V8.

What did you buy?

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
yeh spewin iv you live in VIC. good old WA is way behind, 2 years on ya P's and a BAL of 0.02 is the only restrictions we have. i think the rules are good in theory but they do punish drivers who would be fine. so realy they gota find a system that sorts out all the ********s at the start.