Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Product for VE V8: 108mm throttle body & manifold

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Just saw this this afternoon:

108mm Manifold - Suit VE - VCM Performance Online Store

VCM have developed a 108mm throttle body & manifold setup for the V8s. Complete replacement unit, has a larger coupling to fit onto your VCM OTR.
On the 'other' forum which is down at the moment, VCM showed a 15rwkw and 20something Nm gain with it on a Mainline dyno!

I think I saw something about a rebate for sending your old throttle body & manifolds back...

Could be promising as theres been a lack of decent throttle bodies / manifolds for the VEs...

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Is is just me or where the fuel rails missing from their photos?

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I just saw this on LS1. need to find out if it fits the FAST manifold I have

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
isnt the fast manifold 102mm, and also hasnt the fast manifold been shown to have little or no gains (no offence)

it doesnt look like the VCM throttle body & manifold are sold separately either

Im sure the fuel rails just fit on as normal, although yes they appear to be missing in the photo

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Just saw this this afternoon:

108mm Manifold - Suit VE - VCM Performance Online Store

VCM have developed a 108mm throttle body & manifold setup for the V8s. Complete replacement unit, has a larger coupling to fit onto your VCM OTR.
On the 'other' forum which is down at the moment, VCM showed a 15rwkw and 20something Nm gain with it on a Mainline dyno!

I think I saw something about a rebate for sending your old throttle body & manifolds back...

Could be promising as theres been a lack of decent throttle bodies / manifolds for the VEs...

forgive me if im wrong, but oz track have had some sort of set up available, basically coming from the usa, I don't think they developed it, the motor is american, and pretty old, corvettes haven't run this motor for a while, but there are 108 mm throttle bodies available. LSX or something like that.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
forgive me if im wrong, but oz track have had some sort of set up available, basically coming from the usa, I don't think they developed it, the motor is american, and pretty old, corvettes haven't run this motor for a while, but there are 108 mm throttle bodies available. LSX or something like that.

Im sure there are some floating around, but this has been specifically developed for the VE by a reputable company...

Other than completely worked & custom built engines, I havent seen any VEs on any of the forums with aftermarket throttle bodies, and maybe one or two with manifolds, so this product gives most of us another bolt-on option which has known gains

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
But gee it's pricey. Remove comments about the LSX performance, but I can have a Nick Williams billet TB, LSXR manifold and FAST billet fuel rails for less than $2k shipped. Then, because the NW unit is a complete unit I could offload the stock TB to recoup some costs.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's great when these Aussie companies invent and develop these great new products. But why such the high price? Here's a really good example. We are looking at a group buy on LS1 to buy harrop tru tracs. Where are we getting them from? The US. It's cheaper for us to buy an Aussie harrop product from the US including shipping.

Wouldn't mind seeing one in the flesh

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just read the TB alone is $1458. I'm sorry. But are you serious? It makes the 102mm billet Nick Williams sound like an absolute bargain. It's about 600 odd shipped.