Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

new pulley didnt increase boost???

camtech

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged vt and vy on 20's
just put the l67 10psi upgrade pulley on and the boost stayed at 5psi. Does anyone know why. Ive checked the boost bypass valve and vacuum hoses. could it be worn out rotor packs?

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I'd suspect that your bypass valve vacuum hoses are incorrectly configured. Did you remove anything to fit the pulley? Does the car at least feel faster off the mark?

camtech

Reaction score
Members Ride

thanks for reply, doesnt feel like 10psi, where can i get a vacuum diagram from. I installed yellaterra heads and fitted pulley while charger was off

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Get A boost gauge and check it, my 10psi pulley puts out 12psi at wot ,but some people see less depends on the mods ,best to test your vaccuum diaphram is to rev the motor by hand very quickly www.l67torque.com • View forum - General Board you will it close for few seconds ,also read the post on here

camtech

Reaction score
Members Ride
ur a champ vsl67. followed that link, removed hose from back of bypass actuator and boost went from 4psi to 8psi. i will now install a 14psi pulley and it should run 10psi.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Yer no worries ,some nice person put me onto that forum when I had trouble with my l67 its been a wealth of information ever since ,If you ever get time read through as many threads a possible those guys really know their stuff cheers

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
psi ratings on pulleys are bogus. go by mm's or inches. depending on what supporting mods you have on your car will reflect how much boost it will show. ie. 87mm pulley alone might give u 10psi, but put a cam/full exhaust and it will drop down tons