Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Ride - VY Exec. SII

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
New Ride - VY Exec. SeriesII

New to these forums so hello everyone!

Just purchased myself a new car this past weekend. 2004 VY SeriesII Executive - as stock as you can get basically but damn I'm happy with my purchase. I drove a banged up 1981 VH SLE for about 7 years and it finally got towed last month after she broke down for good. I had been savings for about a year to get myself a new model - I jumped in and drove it for the first time and I didn't know myself!

This is an ex-Energex company car from Pickles Auctions - its in pretty sweet condition with only a few minor bumper scuffs that polish cleaned up quite well. I knew it was going to be a good buy as their cars are always serviced and maintained pretty well. It also came with 12 months rego which is a huge bonus. I picked it up for about $5,000 cheaper than they are going for privately and in caryards so I'm pretty stoked.

I am looking to add a few things to it over the coming months but unsure as to what length yet. Starting with wheels and tyres and mostly interior bits
and pieces for protection, but other than that I am open to suggestions. I like the clean look, nothing overdone, but still different enough to tell its mine.

Any suggestions appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Aaron_VYSeriesII_01.jpg
    Aaron_VYSeriesII_01.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Aaron_VYSeriesII_02.jpg
    Aaron_VYSeriesII_02.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 256
  • Aaron_VYSeriesII_03.jpg
    Aaron_VYSeriesII_03.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Aaron_VYSeriesII_04.jpg
    Aaron_VYSeriesII_04.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 310
  • Aaron_VYSeriesII_05.jpg
    Aaron_VYSeriesII_05.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 266

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Aha mate, welcome and good on ya for your purchase!
Great colour aye?? click on my ride and you'll see my vy with some pretty basic mods like wheels, tint and clubsport lights and how much they make a difference!
Mine is the same colour as yours so you'll get a good idea!

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
Thanks for the welcome vtjw :)

Nice straight ride you got there - probably very similar to where I will be heading. And yes I love the colour - looks pretty smicko all clean and in the sunlight.

Those driving lights look pretty cool too - will more than likely get myself a set of those. I'll be looking for the usual mods over the next 6 months including wheels/tyres, tint, grill, sound etc. Any suggestions on wheels? Not sure what style to go with. I would expect nothing smaller than 17's, but damned if I know what brand. Could go SS wheels but we will see.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
kipela said:
Thanks for the welcome vyjw :)

Nice straight ride you got there - probably very similar to where I will be heading. And yes I love the colour - looks pretty smicko all clean and in the sunlight.

Those driving lights look pretty cool too - will more than likely get myself a set of those. I'll be looking for the usual mods over the next 6 months including wheels/tyres, tint, grill, sound etc. Any suggestions on wheels? Not sure what style to go with. I would expect nothing smaller than 17's, but damned if I know what brand. Could go SS wheels but we will see.
Cheers mate, personal choice on the wheels, mine are vz ss 17" but i'm thinking of changing to vy ss 18"s.
I like the holden rims but that's me, pays to look around and take your time, wish i had done that in the first place!!:mad:

barbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro CV8
nice ride, if your looking for interior bits, ill say changing the bits to the chrome from a calais (door handles, shifter, hand brake, steering wheel spokes), grab a leather wrapped steering wheel and stuff like that,

GLDNVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VQ STATESMAN 5.0
I reackon it will be nuts if its lowered a bit, or even alot too, LOL! Never seen a dropped VY before, and some nice rims too, maybe some 20's?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Very clean and neat! looks a treat!
Congrates on the new car!!