Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New ride!

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Black Vz R8 HSV Clubsport 297kw Gen IV M6
Cheers mate, got abit more to go before im happy with mine. Still not sure about wheels, whether to keep standard rims or go sumthn else. I think id rather put the money towards goin faster lol.

thats the go, the calais lights are much nicer. Thats one thing im disapointed about the clubbys, the front lights are sweet with the black around the edges but the back r so ****n boring! The executive lights look better, wtf.

The coilovers were $1740 and i fittered them myself. Definatly make your clubby perform. I got them all round. Just havnt got any pics up yet with it dumped now. Just put up a youtube vid of it thoe with the new engine work

Yeah im bit of both only think i need for looks is new rims and some body work respraying! Stupid country cars!!

Yeah from what ive seen the calais lights **** all over the rest!

Ok very nice, once ive done the basics ill have to look into some better handling work! Sway bars, links, Coil overs Ect.

The lights that are different are VY Exec, SS, S etc. VY berlina, Calais and all VZs

So you will be able to fit VY Calais or VZ Calais lights. Personally i'd rather VZ SV6 lights :)

About time you got your username changed too haha

Exactly right stealth :p
Yeah thought i'd give the user name a bit of changeage lol

Ray-915

Squid
Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 HSV VZ R8 Clubsport M6/LS2
do u mind me askn how much u paid 4 yours?

Whys it need some respraying? N r u going 20's? Im interested to c how they look, n importantly if they scrub bad

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
do u mind me askn how much u paid 4 yours?

Whys it need some respraying? N r u going 20's? Im interested to c how they look, n importantly if they scrub bad

PM sent!

Ahh it has alot of stone chip marks in the front from being a country car, and a few little touch ups on the body kits. Yeh i wanna go 20's, it scrapes already on the rear with 19's so im gonna have to get the guards rolled soon!

Ray-915

Squid
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh ok cool. Lookn at your pics n yours sits the same height at the rear but ive had no drama with scrubbing with the standard 19s, different offset in wheels i guess. I gotta get mine rolled thoe to fit the slicks under there for the strip so the possibility for throwing sum 20s happen 1 day. N i was thinkn the plus side is itd raise the car up abit so it dont scrape as bad but yet keep the guards full so it still looks low

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh ok cool. Lookn at your pics n yours sits the same height at the rear but ive had no drama with scrubbing with the standard 19s, different offset in wheels i guess. I gotta get mine rolled thoe to fit the slicks under there for the strip so the possibility for throwing sum 20s happen 1 day. N i was thinkn the plus side is itd raise the car up abit so it dont scrape as bad but yet keep the guards full so it still looks low

Yeah i put SSL's in it about a week ago! Yeah thats true also, bigger wheels, less chance of scrapping... win win to me lol :w00t:

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
Think i actually found a rim i dont mind =)

Looking at getting them in 20x8.5 for the front and if i can fit, 20x10 on the rear!

76200735144PM.jpg

Ray-915

Squid
Reaction score
Members Ride
u will probably fit them....if u get the exact offset. But bcoz there are only so many options 4 offsets on most wheels ur chances are slim. Otha option would b mini tubs....now thatd look phat!

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
u will probably fit them....if u get the exact offset. But bcoz there are only so many options 4 offsets on most wheels ur chances are slim. Otha option would b mini tubs....now thatd look phat!

Ill find a way to make them fit!! lol, finally found a wheel i like, hope they look as good in person tho. Tubs...illegal arnt they... look good, dont like the idea of cutting my car tho lol

Ray-915

Squid
Reaction score
Members Ride
every state is different. Up here mini tubs are legal if u get it a engineer certifacate. Would love to get mine mini tubbd

[JUDGE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
Extractors are on they're way to sydney to get ceramic coated as of today, Full exhaust system done in 1-2 weeks just in time for ACD!!!

Also got a JVC double din DVD player on hold today...shimmy! =)

KW-AVX626-L.jpg