Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Rims

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
brad_m_is said:
hey wat do u guys think of these 18 inch rims im looking at for my 2002 VX Calais??
Give me some opinions on wat u think the rim will look like on my car. ill be lowering it to.

Cheers Brad.

i think there cool they be koya's i got koya's there good ;)

Mark

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
sorry dude only 1 of 3 sets to hit the Australia shores :) not sure if there gonna release anymore... ill find out on thursday tho

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
bradvt98 said:
some people don't have enough money to fork out for rims and brakes at the same time !

i wan't bigger brakes to but i don't wan't crappy ones wich means $$$$$$
which i don't have and i'm guessin alot of other people are in the same boat as me

and i think marks wheels are farken hot made me wonder what they'd look like on my car

I think they are ugly, but that is my opinion, if you cant afford brakes and wheels, do the brakes first. :)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
minux said:
I think they are ugly, but that is my opinion, if you cant afford brakes and wheels, do the brakes first. :)

What's more ricey big rims and small brakes that are adequate for the car?

Or Big rims and big brakes that the car just does not need?

Most 6's and 8's will be just fine with existing Commo set up. That's why SS's etc come with the small brakes. Anything above that (for day to day driving) is purely for show. Unless you have serious power or do serious driving, you don't bigger brakes.

Same goes for vented, slotted or cross drilled rotors..

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Shounak said:
What's more ricey big rims and small brakes that are adequate for the car?

Or Big rims and big brakes that the car just does not need?

Most 6's and 8's will be just fine with existing Commo set up. That's why SS's etc come with the small brakes. Anything above that (for day to day driving) is purely for show. Unless you have serious power or do serious driving, you don't bigger brakes.

Same goes for vented, slotted or cross drilled rotors..
But if you think about it, any rims bigger than 17's are purely for show also. so i guess you could call that ricey too :/

brad_m_is

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais
no offence to u but this is a holden commodore im putting them on. not a rice mobile with a shiny milo tin on the end of the exhaust pipe. i just hate those big shiny chrome rims with some outragous pattern on them it just wrecks the car totally. remember its the mags that makes or breaks a car

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
brad_m_is said:
no offence to u but this is a holden commodore im putting them on. not a rice mobile with a shiny milo tin on the end of the exhaust pipe. i just hate those big shiny chrome rims with some outragous pattern on them it just wrecks the car totally. remember its the mags that makes or breaks a car
Exactly mags do make or break the look of a car. People only started telling me my car looked hot once I put the rims on, nothing before that..

Unlike brakes, mags don't imply anything performance. In street cars, mags are just there for the looks. It doesn't give the impression of performance..

Big brakes on the otherhand are hardly noticed and are completely wasted on Commo 6's used for normal driving. Hell, they're wasted on SS's, unless you really need awesome brakes..

I'm not about the upgrade my brakes just for cosmetic reasons, it gives off too many faux performance vibes.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
Shounak said:
Exactly mags do make or break the look of a car. People only started telling me my car looked hot once I put the rims on, nothing before that..

Unlike brakes, mags don't imply anything performance. In street cars, mags are just there for the looks. It doesn't give the impression of performance..

Big brakes on the otherhand are hardly noticed and are completely wasted on Commo 6's used for normal driving. Hell, they're wasted on SS's, unless you really need awesome brakes..

I'm not about the upgrade my brakes just for cosmetic reasons, it gives off too many faux performance vibes.

errr, bigger rims create more rolling mass, so in some cases, meaning its harder to pull them up. so an upgrade would be on the cards.

but..... im with you as to the cosmetic feature of bigger brakes. pointless