Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Rule for VN/ VP Drivers

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Thought of this after reading the other topic

If you see another VN VP coming towards you give the dash the little tap (the type you do when petrol gauge isnt working)

It can be the VN VP club salute

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
bahahaha, that's fantastic Troy :p The good 'ole VN handshake, used to greet your car in the morning when you start it up ^^ Every VN/VP driver is familiar with this manoeuvre, why not put it to better use!

The only problem will be getting it to catch on... we don't exactly have a large user base here when compared to the number of VN/VPs out there - and frankly, in suburbs like Narre Warren and Logan, it could get quite tiresome having your hand off the wheel quite so frequently! :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Everyone allready does it :) I've seen heaps of VN/P drivers over the years pull out of there driveways or the petrol station *bash* and continue on their way. I even caught myself doing it to my Brothers VS not that it needed it (just needs time) but I can't help myself

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
I have a problem with my vn, i cant get my gauges to stick?? checked it last night after not being drivent for 2 weeks and had to do a fake tap on the dash when i went past a local vp..

Any ideas how i can get them to stick like you guys :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Sure, get one that hasn't been soldered :)

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
I love the idea, though I'm gunna fix up my gauges real soon because now the tacho is sticking. I've gotta give it a tap to make it come to life, the fuel gauge and the temp gauge too. Only thing still working is the speedo, and even that's starting to get dicky.

Problem will be that I see so many VNs everyday that I'm going to end up with RSI.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
A new group is formed - The VN Dash Bashers!

All you need is a sticky set of guages and your in.

Gold.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
One problem, the VR-VS's also did it, and a couple of VT's i think... humm its going to become a big club