Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers for rear doors

Conzo97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Amp will improve sound as you can drive the speakers better while staying in the clean signal zone on the dial.
Is it an easy-ishhhh install? Also know of any cheapish amps?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Elite Electronics

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
amp isn't difficult to install. the hard part is getting the wires through the firewall, finding somewhere to secure the amp, then hiding cables

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
All in and they sound good! I might buy some for the front! Have you considered installing an amp to drive them?
Gr8, glad it worked out. No need for a separate amp for me - it sounds just fine. I really have no need to blow my doors off! Then again, if I had a stock head unit I might consider one, but the Alpine head unit amp is fine for me.

Last edited:

Conzo97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Elite Electronics
Hmm, know a specific model that will drive these plus the component +plus tweeters S65C's in the front?

amp isn't difficult to install. the hard part is getting the wires through the firewall, finding somewhere to secure the amp, then hiding cables
Any decent guides anywhere?
Gr8, glad it worked out. No need for a separate amp for me - it sounds just fine. I really have no need to blow my doors off! Then again, if I had a stock head unit I might consider one, but the Alpine head unit amp is fine for me.
To be honest, when I set the fader to the rear, I can actually tell they sound much flatter... Definitely needs an amp. Balls.
Out of curiosity, what's the alpine head unit? Is that an easy install?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just grab a 4ch 500w.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It will be fine, but it will take up a lot of space under your seat, which is why I suggested one from Elite Electronics. Mine is that size in power and about half the physical size.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Hmm, know a specific model that will drive these plus the component +plus tweeters S65C's in the front?

Any decent guides anywhere?

To be honest, when I set the fader to the rear, I can actually tell they sound much flatter... Definitely needs an amp. Balls.
Out of curiosity, what's the alpine head unit? Is that an easy install?
Hi mate, mine is an ILX-702D. It's a specific VE upgrade that implements all the steering wheel controls, HVAC controller etc and a host of other things. No, I wouldn't recommend a DIY install unless you really know what you're doing. I certainly didn't do it.