Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SS Series 2

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Hey guys,

I got my SIDI Poison Ivy SV6 Series 2 Last Saturday 29/09, I LOVE IT, The interior is so nice and the seats provide much more support over the Series 1.

I am still on P Plates in Vic so i couldnt get the SS but im so happy with the Drive train the Gearbox is tight but smooth and the SIDI V6 is nice and smooth through the gears. definately recommend the Series 2!

i have already started getting quotes for Tuning and Lowering, so ill keep you guys posted.

I am still getting used to the Holden IQ Stereo, its a lot to learn with Storing CD's and bluetooth Streaming etc, but i think it will be a great thing.

thats my 2 cents worth on S2. great car. :D

Hows the Stat Nav and reverse camera?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Righto boys, i went to one of the private dealer releases the other night so i should be able to help you out with any questions. I went last Thursday night so i should have everything correct, if you think i am wrong with something though then tell me as i got shocking memory lol.

The series 2, very nice car. Not really worth the upgrade from series 1. But if your in the market than definitely go the series 2 obviously.
New front bar, engine (E85), center console (very nice). The interior is the main change, the HIQ (i think thats what it was called) being the star. also the boot on the sedan has a little lip on it now.
The SV6 has the same seats as the SS, can't remember if the omega does or not. the omega comes with duel exhaust now too.
the new E85 is apparently a bit more torquey in low revs but not as quick in high revs. plus its cool the ECU reads what fuel you put in the car and re-programs the car to suit. even when u mix fuels.

also... they are the same price as the series 1 was.

The Redline package differs between the Ute and Sedan and has a special release price of $1,500 until January which it will then go up to $2,500. The Ute does not include FE3 Suspension.
Firstly the suspension, the FE3 DOES sit lower. 13mm lower according to them. Also is firmer.
Depending on if you like the rims or not should determine if you want the package. It is definitely not worth $2,500 in my opinion, brembo brakes on the front, FE3 suspension (sedan only) and forged 19" rims. although for $1,500 i would consider it i guess.

let me know if u have anymore questions.

i want a Hazard SSV with black stripes ;)

my 2 cents on the holden lowering, they put my Pedders springs on so now my mind is at rest in regards to the warranty :)

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
thanks macca some good info there the redline wheels did not do it for me but i am still getting a redline for the other stuff. I will change the wheels down the track. Once i sell my blown ss i will also have some coin to do some motor work (blower 2300 tvs ;-) ) pitty it is going to take like 2 months till i get the car. i was thinking hazard with black strips on the bottom of the doors. i done some photo shop and it looks pretty mean.

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
i hope your getting it for $1,500! haha

IMO if you don't like the Rims then your crazy :p Put the $1500 towards some 20's and after market springs.

I'm picturing... Hazard SSV Sedan, removed rear spoiler, black stripes straight over, my black 20's on it, SSL or SSSL springs all round, black brake calipers, full 3" exhaust and a nice sound system. That could be my next car haha ;)

Can you post a few of the photoshop pics up? if u can do it yourself maybe you can whip up something based on what i just outlined :)

OFF T4P

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
383 HSV GTO coupe & vk ls1 turbo
Thats nsounds pretty nice. yea i will make sure i get it for 1500. i just want the brakes really. i will keep the wheels for a while. I will post some up once i finshed it. its my first photoshop so still learning lol getting there but.