Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SSV Ute, Some Like it Hot or Red Hot

windy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY15 SSV UTE
Hi all, first post.....

We have just ordered a SSV Ute although it wont arrive for a while (2015 build date). We have gone with Red Hot but have a short window where we can change the colour, we are considering the new Some Like it Hot red as an alternative.
I am in Darwin and not likely to see this colour in the flesh before we have to finalise our choice.

Has anyone seen the Some like it Hot in the flesh and have any advice or thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Hi all, first post.....

We have just ordered a SSV Ute although it wont arrive for a while (2015 build date). We have gone with Red Hot but have a short window where we can change the colour, we are considering the new Some Like it Hot red as an alternative.
I am in Darwin and not likely to see this colour in the flesh before we have to finalise our choice.

Has anyone seen the Some like it Hot in the flesh and have any advice or thoughts.

Much appreciated.

Have seen one of the pre-production evaluation cars. To me it looks like a slightly orange version of Sizzle, although I would prefer Sizzle. Would prefer some Like it Hot over Red Hot which has been around for a long time and starting to look dated IMO. In the end it comes down to personal choice and it is hard if you haven't seen the colour in the flesh.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
anything but dog dick red imo

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
174246d1409117068-decent-vf-colours-have-arrived-last-some-like-hot-2.jpg

windy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY15 SSV UTE
Thanks for the advice, (not sure I will look at my dog the same again) just got a call from the dealer they should have a sedan in Some Like it Hot before we have to finalise so will get to have a look.

windy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY15 SSV UTE
Well finally had the chance to set eyes on a "Some like it Hot" Commodore in the flesh and importantly the wife liked it so that is what we are getting. Colour description is not really my thing but I guess I would describe it as a metallic copper with a bit of red.
While waiting to see the new colour we have seen only about 4 million Red utes in Darwin so the chance to have something different was also a factor.
Anyway expecting it around early February, can't wait!!

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
good choice

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I would have got some like it hot but I decided I'd rather a Storm so I settled for Regal Peacock. The more I see SLIH the more I like it though.

graphicgoose

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SSV Redline
Good choice mate, looks like a nice colour and as you've said, it'll be a little bit more unique.