Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New SV6 Colours

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Okie doke it doesn't work sorry. It's a burnt orange that's similar to Tiger but it looks a little less metallic. It's an SS with aftermarket wheels parked next to a Redhot SV6/SV8 so it looks slightly red.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
hmmm, not sure what the dealy is with all you TIGA colour owners, as thats the correct spelling (well, it was at the paint shop i worked at, with colour charts)

I've also heard theres a new ornage coming out, apparently darker than Tiga, but someone i know who works at holden has said its the best colour they've come up with.

Also, why is there no yellow (devil or the like), yellow is awsome on a late model commodore.

Me personally, i'm all for green, bring on Kakadu, and if its the same as the sneak peak i've seen, its wicked. i still love hothouse, ever since i was one of the first to see that colour on metal!

tim85

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09.5 60th Anniversary LPG Sedan
new colours confirmed.

I work for a holden dealer, and we currently have a Base VZ Crewman in the new orange. It's like tiger mica, but a bit darker. A bit more like a burnt orange. At the moment it's just a trial colour, the same as Kakadu green. Personally i hope kakadu doesn't come into production, because it'll be pretty hard to sell, just like cove was in VY2.

Turismo is now available as an option on SV6, SV8 and SS sedans, and is also part of the limited run of Storm ute, but not Storm Crewman.

I'll try and get a photo of the burnt orange to post tomorrow.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
This is Kakadu...

Attachments

• WL_Caprice_Kakadu.jpg
    WL_Caprice_Kakadu.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 528

tim85

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09.5 60th Anniversary LPG Sedan
Kakadu is gross. It's like a washed out green, even worse then Cove.

It might look good on a tank though......

oswald900

Reaction score
Went and drove the manual on Saturday but now our problem is that they won't give us much for our Series ll VX as a trade in.We are now going to try hard and sell it private then get the SV6.

Tim if you could get a pic happening that would be awesome.Would love to see the colour.

Here's hoping the ol VX will go quick as im hanging out to get the SV6.
Delivery times are weird on the new car though.
One dealer said it could be as quick as 3days where as another dealer has said it will take 3 - 4 weeks.

Loui

Reaction score
Hey guys

I work for Holdens as a painter

New Colours we are doing at the moment:-

Fusion; almost the same a tiga mica (Monaros at the moment)
Crema; light gold
Red Passion; really nice candy apple red (Monaros at the moment)
Devil yellow for ss sedans and utes
ignition; orange
sandstorm; shitty sand coloured crap
Evoke; horrid washed out purple
Nickel; slightly brighter version of Quicksilver

Thats about it this week

We have been doing heaps of Turismo they will be everywhere soon

I heard a rumour that Cosmo might be coming back at the end of the year, not sure how true that is

Cheers

Loui

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
xcapee said:
i was rather glad they got rid of that Tiger Mica , a bit wrong for a car as big as a commodore!

The falcon range has more colours than the commodores but honestly, some of those colours are pretty wrong. the light lime green colour is a real eye sore!

i have a mate that painted his vh that tiger mica colour and it looks awesome, it depends on the car its on, i never liked it on the vt but new colours on old commodores look wicked

oswald900

Reaction score
Loui do you know if any SV6 have been done in the Fusion colour yet as we are interested in seeing the colour on it ?

Cheers