Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New to this and would love help or advice

Uniquename

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 vz executive v6 alloytec
Hey umm not quite sure how to use this site but Hi I'm 19 on red p plates and very new to this all. I own a 2005 VZ executive sedan with the alloytec engine, I'm looking to modify my car within legal bounds and I'm on a pretty tight budget as I'm still studying full time does anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Things to look out for or keep an eye on?,upkeep that really needs to be watched?
So far I'm thinking of exhaust system and or exhaust tip and am looking for a boot spoiler.

Thank you very much

ps. yes this same post was sent to the Victorian chapter but it looks dead in there and didn't look like the right place to post this

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Hey umm not quite sure how to use this site but Hi I'm 19 on red p plates and very new to this all. I own a 2005 VZ executive sedan with the alloytec engine, I'm looking to modify my car within legal bounds and I'm on a pretty tight budget as I'm still studying full time does anyone have any recommendations on where to start? Things to look out for or keep an eye on?,upkeep that really needs to be watched?
So far I'm thinking of exhaust system and or exhaust tip and am looking for a boot spoiler.

Thank you very much

ps. yes this same post was sent to the Victorian chapter but it looks dead in there and didn't look like the right place to post this

The best advice you might not listen to, is save up for a V8 and sell the V6. That is the best and cheapest method to upgrade your car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The best advice you might not listen to, is save up for a V8 and sell the V6. That is the best and cheapest method to upgrade your car.
Well that's at least a year off given the OP is on red Ps.

Uniquename

Reaction score
Members Ride
Can't drive a V8 on P plates and already planning on saving up enough money to buy a Monaro cv8 when i do get onto my full license. Plus i have really fallen in love with my current car, I'm not looking to push out maximum horsepower or anything just want to make it perform a little better, sound better and look better but thank you.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What's your budget? Any performance upgrades won't be cheap and might not be worth spending on an Exec VZ V6.

Reactions: Lex

Uniquename

Reaction score
Members Ride
What's your budget? Any performance upgrades won't be cheap and might not be worth spending on an Exec VZ V6.
Its more a cumulative budget, As stated its quite strict but I'm happy to save up for what may be needed, ideally though anything 500 and under. Like i said in a previous response I don't really mind if the performance doesn't get a massive upgrade even if its only adding 5-15hp here and there or none at all and it just improves general enjoyment or handling,sound or fuel economy.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Can't drive a V8 on P plates and already planning on saving up enough money to buy a Monaro cv8 when i do get onto my full license. Plus i have really fallen in love with my current car, I'm not looking to push out maximum horsepower or anything just want to make it perform a little better, sound better and look better but thank you.

I knew you wouldn't listen :) trust me, I'm 35yo, it will be a flash in the past the time it takes to wait for your full license, when you get to my age if you work hard and save you will have all the toys, if you spend all your money now you will have not much like me when you get older.
I know it seems like an eternity now but trust me in the scheme of life the years you are at now will flash past, so enjoy them now but be savy with your money, and someday you might get that CV8.

Reactions: Lex

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Hey mate, do yourself a favour. You've got a 19-year-old car, right? Just enjoy it as it is until you've finished your studies and can earn yourself some money. You may need what money you have for ongoing running costs, servicing and unforeseen repairs. Furthermore, you don't want your car to become a cop magnet.
We've all been where you are at, and I'm sure most of the guys on here will give you the same advice.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Unfortunately $500 won't even give you a suspension upgrade.

Uniquename

Reaction score
Members Ride
I knew you wouldn't listen :) trust me, I'm 35yo, it will be a flash in the past the time it takes to wait for your full license, when you get to my age if you work hard and save you will have all the toys, if you spend all your money now you will have not much like me when you get older.
I know it seems like an eternity now but trust me in the scheme of life the years you are at now will flash past, so enjoy them now but be savy with your money, and someday you might get that CV8.
I get what you mean, I'm not looking to spend all my money just save up and spend a little on things i enjoy. I'm currently studdying to complete my diploma in engineering, Right now its about learning doing the work myself on this car and finding out as much as i can. this isn't a car i wanna push 400 or more horsepower into, just looking to learn and have fun while I'm young.