Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New to vl

Azerium88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore/ VK Commodore
Hey guys, just a slightly different question, im getting a vl 5 speed on saturday, its a suitable turbo motor (oil lines in block), now what i wanna know is, it has extractors and 2.5"exhaust, Cold air intake, new gearbox...now if i wanna turbo or supercharge this car, will i need a whole new exhaust etc things like that im unsure of, another thing is, is there an available kit i can buy with brackets, piping, manifold etc that i can buy and have everything there to do it, without cutting or welding or ****ing around...?? might sound dumb, but im normally a v8 man, not a charger man so i know jack all...

madrx3boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Acclaim
You'll need an RB30 turbo exhaust manifold (you could use most of your existing exhaust system, just get an exhaust shop to make the pipe between the back of the turbo and the rest of the system (dump pipe).

You could get all standard VL Turbo parts (manifold,crossover pipe,turbo,turbo injectors,turbo ecu), and put it all together.

Or you could get a Front Mount Intercooler kit like a gkTech one which is pretty much a straight bolt in, no holes kit (http://www.gktech.com.au/front.asp?pid=11&ProductID=HVLC-FMIC) would pay to do this if your sticking with the standard (non-turbo) block (higher compression) so you don't get detonation or pre-ignition.

Look on here in the for sale section for bits - sometimes people are selling the factory turbo manifold/turbo/turbo injectors/turbo ecu/oil and water lines as a package (either coz they're upgrading or are wrecking or whatever).

That would be the easiest and cheapest way to turbo it, or you could go crazy and spent thousands and have a 10 second car :/

All depends really on what you want, what sort of power your after, how much you want to spend etc.

have a look on calaisturbo.com.au - VL NATS TICKETS ON SALE NOW! www.vlturbonationals.com.au - Powered by vBulletin there is a lot of helpful people and info there

Drapht

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 exec turbo, vp calais daily
That pretty much sums it up lol. Bt defanatley checkout calaisturbo.