Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New Tyres- Falken 452's. Opinions please.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
245-35-20 FALKEN FK452 FLAGSHIP NEW TYRES ! HOLDEN FORD | eBay

Howdy all,

Ok, I know there's been previous threads about tyres- but I want opinions on this particular deal above.

1) Anyone dealt with St George Tyres in the past? From what I can gather online, there's been some issues with their fitting (but it's probably also got to do with people selecting wrong tyres in the first place). Since I'll be getting them delivered, their fitting/workmanship isn't a concern to me. But anyone actually bought tyres off them and got personal experiences to share?

2) If I get these delivered (faaaaaarrrrrr cheaper than what I can find in local shops), how much is a fair price for local guys tocharge me for removal and disposal of old tyres, and fitting/balancing new ones?

3) As I'm dealing with an Australian retailer, there are obvious laws they have to follow regarding the sale of new tyres. Provided I make sure the DOT Code is ok (year of manufacture is in the last 2 years), anything else you reckon I should check prior to ordering? As far as I'm aware, as an Australian retailer they cant sell grey imports, so for all intensive purposes I'm getting the real product right?

4) You reckon it's worth the risk overall? Ebay feedback looks very positive, they have a shop front (just in case I have a need for more personalised contact methods), and from a price point the local guys dont come close (about $800 delivered for 4 tyres, plus fitting.... vs $1700 fitted). Fitting costs surely couldnt be anymore than about $100 right?

Thoughts and opinions appreciated, but please try and keep on topic ;).

wake jake

Reaction score
Members Ride
SIDI SV6 Ute
I got FK452 off these guys a few months ago and they were great. I went to buy another 4 a few weeks ago and paid for them and they then told me they only had 1 left and weren't getting any in in the near future which was a bummer but they gave me a full refund. So from my experiences a great moh. About $60-$80 is reasonable with alignment

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I've bought off them twice, one was a pair of 275s for my rears and just 2 weeks ago I bought 2 fronts (same as you listed). I'd buy off them again, I wouldn't think twice about it. Their delivery was 2 days after payment both times by courier.

Mitch089

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I haven't bought from St George tyres but I did buy the same tyres from Tempe and for a similar price, so perhaps they are sourcing them from a similar place? Who knows how they manage to get them so cheap as most places around me wanted $400-450 a corner.

As for fitting and desposing ur old tyres, I'd say about $20-25 a corner plus a wheel alignment. That's roughly what I've been quoted anyway.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
that's all good to hear, thanks folks. looks like I'm ordering a set then!