Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VE Wagon - Work to be done, Ideas?

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
Just got into an Omega Wagon VE and I'm keen to keep it, Thinking about doing some work to it as I have a few ideas already just wanna hear what you's all have to say :)

So far this is my list:

Front LH Strut tighten
New Rear LH Stud
Wheel alignment
SS Midsection
SS Front Bumper
Carbon Fibre Wrap Bonnet
Black interior
SS Seats
SS Door Trims
iPhone connectivity harness
Stub antenna
Black chrome strip on Boot
HSV Steering Wheel
Gas Conversion
Fuel Cap
Exhaust Rubbers
Series 2 IQ System
High Beam HIDs
SSV Headlights

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Series I six wagon with LPG taxi pack that looks sorta like a sporty V8 to the untrained eye, drives like an overweight hybrid.
Not my cup of tea, WOFTAM.

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
For the money you'd be putting in to it you'd be better off getting an upper spec S2.

^^ 100% agree
yes you may lose in the sale of trade of this Omega but a S2 V6 Calais or Calais V you get half that stuff if not better and you end up with a wagon that's unique not your run of the mill Omega dressed up to be anything else other than an Omega (sort of like PIR4TE). Also, the S2 Calais gets ther 210kw 6 speed engine/trans combo...something to consider over an S1 Omega with 180kw 4 speed engine/trans combo.

And what's with below exact from your To Do list? Is there pre-exising damage to car? (assume wheel stud is from incident in your previous threads?)
"Front LH Strut tighten, New Rear LH Stud, Wheel alignment, Fuel Cap, Exhaust Rubbers"

Also, you didn't mention bigger wheels - an Omega on stock 16's with SS front bumper and side skirts will look a little unique...and not in a good way

Finally, just to confirm, it is a Series 1 Omega?

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I agree with Jr^^ OP what you don't make clear is that you are the young bloke who got a flat tire a couple of days ago, tried to work out a way to take the wheel off without undoing the wheel nuts because you wasted the better part of a day rounding off a pair of nuts.
Mate I can see this list of work and good intentions leading to dozens of borked DIY threads, please save us the banality of it all, pay for someone qualified to do the repairs and modifications, including the fuel cap.