Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VL Factory 5 Litre Shell with 308 Carby

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 n/a vl's 1 twin turbo vl vn ss vy sv8

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well we've had a bit of an interesting last week!!! We went and got a RWC for it so Cece can get it registered in Victoria, on the way to where we were going the car decides to stall and not start. no light nothing!!!!! too make things worse before we left home the bonnet cable decided to play up and we couldn't get the bonnet open!!! one of our mates came and helped us on the side of the road...... the problem..... a wire to the battery!!! the ******** before hand had just joined the two wires and tape them up...... so that problem fixed!!!! Passed the RWC no problems..... On the way home....... once again it decides to die on us!!!!! NOT HAPPY JAN!! Car decides that it won't turn over...... NO SPARK!!!! So got it towed away to the nearest town and had to leave it there over night... worst night sleep ever!!! Get there the next day... bought a brand new ignition module..... NOPE ....... Bought a brand new coil ..... nope ...... bought a brand new electric dizzy...... so over $300 dollars later and she starts. Have now also replaced the regulator..... Not happy!!! so she shouldn't break down any time soon!!!

But on a better note..... picked up a 650 holley double pumper for her

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well cece got a custom sticker made for the 308:

30tm9hu.jpg

25r36h3.jpg

Bit of a story behind it..... when we went and had a look at the car to begin with the guy was still on his p's. He had a Aussie Pride sticker on the back window and had removed the A and replaced it with his P plate... cece and I had a bit of a laugh and since then decided that it suited the car so she went and got one made up

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alright.... Well needing some ideas now on what the missus can do to her next. Not quite sure on what we can do!!!! I've just put a gilmer belt drive in and its sounding good!!!! but ideas on what to do next would be awsome!!!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Nice car mate, we have a VL Calais BT1 that we are doing as a burnout car for my partner. Full Group A body kit too.

One thing I would change though, the engine is a 304 not a 308. Pedantic I know, but you want to be accurate in your description.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Nackerz;1610375 [IMG said:
http://i30.tinypic.com/25r36h3.jpg[/IMG]

I'm not trying to be a smart arse and I hope i do not come across the wrong way, i cringe even saying this but the sticker on the back window looks a little like PUSSIE URINE in that font. *gives self upper cut*

Last edited:

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nice car mate, we have a VL Calais BT1 that we are doing as a burnout car for my partner. Full Group A body kit too.

One thing I would change though, the engine is a 304 not a 308. Pedantic I know, but you want to be accurate in your description.

Cheers mate, But it is a 308. its not the stock motor. yeh was considering putting a body kit on it but we have the walky rep so kinda wanna leave this one as is kinda thing but cheers

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm not trying to be a smart arse and I hope i do not come across the wrong way, i cringe even saying this but the sticker on the back window looks a little like PUSSIE URINE in that font. *gives self upper cut*

LOL believe it or not photos can be decieving. lol if it did even look like that before i got it made up i wouldn't have got it in that font.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
And it passed RWC with a 308? Hmmm...interesting.

Out of curiosity, What is the engine out of?

Nackerz

Rollin
Reaction score
Members Ride
And it passed RWC with a 308? Hmmm...interesting.

Out of curiosity, What is the engine out of?

Not sure what the motor is out of but it has all the pollution gear on it hence why it passed a rwc.

Well its a factory 5 litre shell. Which came out with 304's yes but the motor has been change by the previous owner so yeah thats why i dont know what its out of. but its def a 308