Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New vn owner

I

isaac_2jz

does ne1 know the best option fotr fuel consumption for my ne purchase, fich - hiclone any special tuning options etc .. plz

I

isaac_2jz

cool, i am not keeping the original stereo either, so thats a + on mine and it only has 180000 kms for a 15yr old car thats alright, i wouldnt mind getting a recondition in few months, cause thats the best thing u can do to a car LOL

I

isaac_2jz

whats the best fuel consumption option for a vn, tuning, acecsoried, vortex fuel, etc, plz help

bitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh worked 5ltr
isaac_2jz said:
Yeah nething u see come through ur way heaps would be good info, thanks

ok....

gauges have a tendency of sticking

ideler pully noise (bearing sh!ts it self)

window regs go on them (usualy the r/h side)

speedo transducer

steer rack

steer pump

header tank

elec mirror switch

door lock mechanisim

coil pack (series 1)

ummmm thats about it if i think of anything else ill let you know :wave:

i know it sounds bad but its all nothing too major :)

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
hahahahaha, bitch
Looking at that list my car has had problems with all but three of them.

isaac_2jz, I wouldnt bother with any of those fuel saving traps like the hiclone, go through the search and you'll find many JC members dont particularly take a liking to them...

J

Jamie W

What's the major difference between Series one and series two?
What is better, like Calais, Ecec, berlina? I've heard Calais aren't to good because the elec' is always going on it.

Just asking because I'm looking at buying one soon (VN) for between $2000 and $3000. Any info would be great.

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
Jamie W said:
What's the major difference between Series one and series two?
What is better, like Calais, Ecec, berlina? I've heard Calais aren't to good because the elec' is always going on it.

Just asking because I'm looking at buying one soon (VN) for between $2000 and $3000. Any info would be great.
I got my 89 calais 4 $850.00 Every think is perfect just needed tyres.
The main differences are the intake manifold & the cooling system.
If u want a simple car to drive go the executive. If u want a upper class sorta thing go the calais or the berlina. Personaly i think that they are the same.

I

isaac_2jz

Thats an excelent price, but i paid 3000$ for my 91 executive, (new tyres) all slips done weeks before. and even a heap of new stuff like the ideling chain (i think its called something else) and power steering pump, but only has 147000 kms LOL