Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New VS Ideas

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Oh that is mad... love your work. Any issues with the front tyres scrubbing?

IMPSTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon V6
No i havnt. The front and rear guards have both been rolled by the guy who owned it b4 me and it does not rub one bit. only problem with rubbing was the back left tyre rubbing on the guard because had no adjustable panhard rod. and also the wagon i brought had the FE2 suspension in it from factory so it already looked low at the back from when i first got it. cheers mark

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Ugh... so i will add that to the list... springs.. shocks.. struts.. panhard.. guards rolled... but i do insist on doing this properly ;)

Cheers for your help.

IMPSTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon V6
yer i was just luckly thats all. when i brought the car it had side skirts, full exhaust and guards rolled everything else that you see done to the car i have done myself. hope you find a wagon at the right price for you. cheers mark

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
ok, didnt read entire thread, too tired from work, anyway, i got myself a vn wagon the other week, its got the alloy roof strips on it, now this thing has been sitting in the guys yard for over 6 months doing nothing, theres rust on the roof, all surface, but nothing really arund the strips and no signs of water on roof lining, all good, there sealed when put on, so unless removed and not resealed, they should fine.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Patrio i never really looked at that one... not interested in 5L.

hakhawk... yeah that's what i figured re roof strips... if they look a little bad can always unscrew them a touch and bog it with some silicon.. tighten back up and good as new.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yep, im gonna remove mine, polish em up real nice and put em back on once cars been painted

i was hoping there was no bumps under them, so roof was smooth, but alas, its not.

still should look hot with polished roof bars and polished door trims

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
hell yeah ;)

I'm loving this wagon idea.. plus so much potential for boot installs (or whatever you call it in a wagon :p). All in the future.... coupla boxes with a 10-12" and 6x9 each ;)...6" 3ways in the front.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, oh, go the wagons!!

have you looked at my site? what ive done to my current one, go look, www.hakhawk.co.nr