Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New wheels? But is this normal???

Clinster

Reaction score
Website
s2.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
Hey all
Finally got some new wheels.
Really like em and the way they handled.
But then i noticed they are scratched where the wheel nuts go....

Is this normal?
Lil disappointed. Am i supposed to now find wheel nut covers?

P1190562.jpg

P1190564.jpg

P1190565.jpg

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
i wouldnt worry bout it mate...looks to be unavoidable when they were put on the rattle gun must have touched the edges...by the looks of it u cant really avoid that. i dont think any1 will notice.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
thats the wheel fitters fault mate, thats typical. unacceptable. take them back and ask for a "please explain". on the other side, its hard to avoid scratching there but they should have been alot more careful than forcing the nut in and rattlin away.

Clinster

Reaction score
Website
s2.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
hey thanx for the quick replies...
i am goin to ring up and query though.
i checked my car and the rims for scratches when i left they tyreshop but didnt even notice these ones.

VH commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH and VT S2 Berlina ecotec
really the wheels shouldnt be painted black in that area for that reason if it were silver in there u wouldnt notice it...and yes they could have been more careful but it would happen eventually id say

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
decent places will use a socket fitted with a plastic sleave

thats exactly right :thumbsup: the socket 4 the job is actually slightly slimmer aswell 2 caiter 4 this problem. If u bought the rims from them that day wen u got them fitted then u have a chance they might replace them but they'll prolly just say live with it but id deffinatly try gettin them replaced jump up n down if u have 2 lol

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
decent places will use a socket fitted with a plastic sleave

i'll second that. you can get special sets that have plastic covers, in different colours for different sizes. it must a cheap ass tyre place if they don't use em. go back and bitch but they'll most likely say you had em off and did it yourself:bang: unfortunatly

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
ok so i called the tyre place today and he said that he was sorry that he didnt point that out to me at the time and said that its normal for this to happen especially when they tension the nuts with the toque wrench...
It is a matter of time before it happened.
I said to the guy that its a silly design then and he pointed out that ppl dont like having big holes recessed for the wheel nuts ra ra ra...
So theres not alot i can do.
Its not that noticable - Keep in mind im a very fussy f**ker when it comes to these things.
I have been able to rub out the lighter scratches with my thumb its just that the deeper ones cant be rubbed out. Ill just use a silver texta or something??

Here is a link to the pics again.

clinster73/Cars and Bikes/Phantom wheels - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Is there anyone else out there that has has this problem?