Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New.

Drifting

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 years old dont own a car yet.
Awb? What's that bro.

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
i reckon that you need to step back and think for a moment, really think.. do you drive to get somewhere or do u like the drive itself?? i regret pouring all my younger cash into my car > VN series 1 exec. paid 600bucks for it, but its cost me near 10g and then i rolled it in a freak accident. if i knew then what i know now, i would never have built the V6. my suggestion, if you want a commodore badly, thats ok. but
steer away from the V6!! probly too much detail for u, but IMO i would get a clean VN, scrap its motor, box, and tailshaft. put a VL K-frame in, with a MANUAL RB30, and the VL tailshaft+ VN mini spool dif and in the front end put in a set of VR/VS control arms, and struts but with the VN tops on.

as i said, IMHO that will be a killer base for you to start on, its a good project, and it will encourage you to stop wasting yourself and your money on parties, (they WILL end eventually anyway) and doing it yourself you will appreciate your car more thank some dooshe who had it given to him and writes it off around a telegraph pole.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
im 15 nd have a vn commodore, 16 in 3 weeks, any commo is a good car man, as long as their maintained and not claped out, my vn has 250 on the clock and whenever i go on private roads *cough* it keeps up with vy's and all ive done is CAI, Memcal, exhaust, and taken some weight out

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
1985 VK commodore. with a carby.
Not spectacular but unless something dies totally you can always fix it yourself. Anything electronic will cause you headaches and be expensive to fix.

10WVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT s pac
i picked up a 90 vn for $500 and came with like 4 months rego . . still runs beautiful, just do some maintenance aka oil and oil filter, fuel filter, airl filter . . did all that to mine when first got it